BVEStation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Preview of the new staircase for the A line. Texture taken by me, modded and coded for BVE by another developer. Platform signs are all done by me. Video preview of 111th and 104th coming soon!!

General BVE/OpenBVE / Question FRT 11-12 Videos
« Last post by whendari on November 16, 2017, 01:45:05 pm »
I have been coming across some FRT 11 and 12 Line videos on youtube and I am amazed, who did this one I did try to reach out to the person who uploaded it as well I really like the train model used in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SSZijP39U
Other Projects / FRT is Coming Back
« Last post by whendari on November 16, 2017, 01:17:20 pm »
Hello everyone I am Martell the Creator of the FRT 11 and 12, originally known as Suiduj. Also Developed the Unreleased 13 and 16 and a Fictional Central Park Shuttle for BVE, I have been involved with Trainz over the past year getting familiar with it, I haven't mastered Object Creation for it yet but I have been developing the skeleton versions of these routes in them. I lost a lot of the Developer tools I used for BVE but I still remember how to code the old .rw files and familiar with .csv's. I did start re-texturing the 12 but some of the track needs updating as I have changed it a bit since then, I was a teenager when I developed them, many of the object were borrowed with the exception of the walls, and object manipulation for the lighting. I am not familiar with the full capabilities of OpenBVE yet to edit the routes in the timely manner but I will be working on them and bring them back to modern standards, once thats done the old versions will be dropped off into an archive I will be making a new site for them. As well as completing the 11. But I will be prioritizing my efforts in Trainz first will update as I go along.

My Trainz Updates will be listed in the Off Topic Folder
My BVE Updates will be posted here.

My last real route I was working on was the D line I was working on 3D Objects this was a long while ago I did manage to pass it along to Joe before I left NYC some of those maybe in the version you simulate now.

Just like the Original Routes they will contain there own unique objects I will not be borrowing them, so all the object in the current route will be disused in future releases.

Trainz will be borrowing some not many due to the introduction of timer grade signals, I like there functionality. Until I am able to develop my own.

I will keep you updated on my progress, Beta Testing the Trainz Version is not an issue I have no problem with that I do release them as I get to a certain point so that I have a back up if something happens. You May find me involved with a route called NYCFTA Listed on Trainz its just a version of the NYC Subway I was messing around with which does contain the ABCDEFNRQV.

None the my love for train simulators is still strong and I look forward to contributing again.
Other Projects / Re: [RELEASED] (WIP) 1970s Routes
« Last post by BadriveR142A on November 15, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »
. Well I wish you good luck on your project and if you need any help I can try to do something
Since you are very interested I can invite you to a group with friends so you can follow all my work and we can chat every time. I don't want to have a lot of posts here.
Message me and I'll let you know :)
« Last post by SP1900 on November 15, 2017, 01:56:36 pm »
Thank you!
First of all, I'm reworking all the pre GOH trains I have, from the R16 to the R46, when I'll make different versions: Early 1970s, Late 1970s (Original interior with graffiti or new interior with yellow walls and interior orange doors), Early 1980s (Graffiti) and finally late 1980s before overhaul (Completely covered in Graffiti)
I'm currently at the R30 now and about to make the 1979 R30 with the new interior, and then the 1980s version. And after that move on to the R32 when I'll do exactly what I stated above
The reason why I'm doing it is to make the trains more realistic and have a large collection from different eras, so I will not get bored when running on my 70s routes. It's really complicated since every single trains were different and didn't get new interiors at the same time, it can be really confusing.
Regarding the release of these trains. I might create a new thread called "Vintage train workshop" when I'll basically show my work and share it with everyone. The thing is, all the trains are not mine: all I did was re-texturing them, so I don't know if I'll get trouble for that, I'll think about that.
Regarding the routes, if you are talking about all the routes I'm planning, it will take more than a year to finish them all. About the 8th Avenue lines including the A,AA,CC & E, it will take a bunch of months to complete them.
Regarding the announcements, I recorded them myself and added a background PA Wire sound and a intercom effect. That's it, it took a while but it was fun.
. Well I wish you good luck on your project and if you need any help I can try to do something
« Last post by BadriveR142A on November 15, 2017, 03:23:49 am »
. Lucky you. I must say I really love the touches youve given to the preGOH trains. I especially love the graffiti and the parts where the paint has been stripped off. Hopefully the rest of us wont have to wait much longer for those either since Im looking to create a preGOH train collection just like you. If you can. Can you give me a rough estimate of how much longer it will take for the routes and preGOH trains to be completed and released? Just curious. And if you need any help I can try to do a bit when I dont have school to deal with. This is getting long but I would also like to know how did you do the announcements for the routes?
Thank you!
First of all, I'm reworking all the pre GOH trains I have, from the R16 to the R46, when I'll make different versions: Early 1970s, Late 1970s (Original interior with graffiti or new interior with yellow walls and interior orange doors), Early 1980s (Graffiti) and finally late 1980s before overhaul (Completely covered in Graffiti)
I'm currently at the R30 now and about to make the 1979 R30 with the new interior, and then the 1980s version. And after that move on to the R32 when I'll do exactly what I stated above
The reason why I'm doing it is to make the trains more realistic and have a large collection from different eras, so I will not get bored when running on my 70s routes. It's really complicated since every single trains were different and didn't get new interiors at the same time, it can be really confusing.
Regarding the release of these trains. I might create a new thread called "Vintage train workshop" when I'll basically show my work and share it with everyone. The thing is, all the trains are not mine: all I did was re-texturing them, so I don't know if I'll get trouble for that, I'll think about that.
Regarding the routes, if you are talking about all the routes I'm planning, it will take more than a year to finish them all. About the 8th Avenue lines including the A,AA,CC & E, it will take a bunch of months to complete them.
Regarding the announcements, I recorded them myself and added a background PA Wire sound and a intercom effect. That's it, it took a while but it was fun.
BVE/OpenBVE Support / Re: OpenBVE locked at 40fps
« Last post by bigbellymon4 on November 14, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »
I still don't know. I remember when I played around with 3D settings with OpenBVE via the Nvidia control panel, but I messed up a little and had 20fps on the R30 so I removed OpenBVE from the custom graphic 3D settings and set it back to basic high performance settings and the game got back to normal (still 40fps), I might try again messing with graphic settings. The second thing I thought about would be upgrading to 1.5.2 version hoping to get more framerates but I'm not sure because I already heard that people have issues with it so I might stay with 1.5.1.5 because it's working good unlike the previous 1.5.1 versions

Reinstall the latest graphics driver (or download the latest one if you haven't yet) to clear any settings that might be the issue. I am currently running OpenBVE version 1.5.2.1 right now with no issues, 60 fps max. I don't know if the latest (1.5.2.3) will cause any issues with gameplay.
« Last post by SP1900 on November 14, 2017, 08:04:30 pm »
A friend of William gave me the R40 trains to complete my preGOH collection cause he also developed them with him, especially the 1980s version.
William knows that I have them so I cannot get trouble, and maybe there's a chance I can develop with William, but he didn't answer yet.
I already fixed and improved them on my side and maybe he would get satisfied with what I done with them.
Hopefully there's a chance the R40 trains will get released soon!
The R32 and R38 are released, and the R16 and R30 in the picture no because I improved and re-textured them to add graffiti and other paint schemes (just like the bright red R16 in my signature for example), and didn't release them yet
. Lucky you. I must say I really love the touches youve given to the preGOH trains. I especially love the graffiti and the parts where the paint has been stripped off. Hopefully the rest of us wont have to wait much longer for those either since Im looking to create a preGOH train collection just like you. If you can. Can you give me a rough estimate of how much longer it will take for the routes and preGOH trains to be completed and released? Just curious. And if you need any help I can try to do a bit when I dont have school to deal with. This is getting long but I would also like to know how did you do the announcements for the routes?
Other Projects / Fictional (8) (9) (10) Line
« Last post by Lexington456 on November 14, 2017, 03:31:43 pm »
GOOD AFTERNOON BVESTATION!

Long time but silent member here.

Been in the shadows working on a project for the better part of 7 years now.

And guess what? I need yall help and wanna get yall involved. Iknow we got some good, creative developers in this group and I want yall to use yall talents.

So, quick background on the project at hand:

Im developing a fictional IRT route, the (8) (9) and (10) lines. For now, Im working on the (9) portion of the route, which travels along Webster Avenue in the Bronx, Madison Avenue in Manhattan, and along various streets in Brooklyn. The map will be provided later.

Skeleton work is about 40% complete, as the tracks and platforms for the entire Bronx portion has been completed, and 79th Street in Manhattan.

Thats where you guys come in: I need station walls. Since this is an IRT route, Im gonna need IRT style mosaic station walls. Im going to list the stations that need walls and what kind of station they are (local or express).

If youd like to submit a station wall object to me, message me here or something lol. I will decide which one I will use based on quality and appeal.

Of course you will receive credits for the objects under the Creative Commons License.

For now we will focus on the Manhattan portion. When we get to the Brooklyn portion, I will do it again.

Manhattan stations:
125th Street - Express station
116th Street - Local station
110th Street - Local station
103rd Street - Mt. Sinai Hospital - Local station
96th Street - Express station
86th Street - Local station
79th Street - Local station
72nd Street - Express station
66th Street - Local station
59th Street - Express station
50th Street - Local station
Grand Central - 42nd Street - Express station (this station will be laid out like 34th Street - Penn Station on the 7th Avenue Line, so Local Station walls will be needed)
34th Street - Local station
28th Street - Local station
23rd Street - Local station
14th Street - Union Square - Express station (this station will have a 2 over 2 layout, so Local station walls will be needed)
St. Marks Place - Local station
Houston Street - Local station
Delancey Street - Local station
Canal Street - Local station
Worth Street - Express station
Fulton Street - Express station walls
Wall Street- Express station walls

Thank you for yall time. I look forward to seeing your work.
NYCTA Projects / Re: (WIP) L line
« Last post by BadriveR142A on November 14, 2017, 12:34:03 pm »
Lookin Nice bro Lol you know me not here but on Discord...Matthew Liao lol
Oh okay! :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10