BVEStation

Author Topic: Open Newhire  (Read 5766 times)

Offline Trackedops

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Open Newhire
« on: June 16, 2015, 05:22:08 pm »
Over from msts cause theres only a couple decent sub routes unless you can access UKTS (which I cant for some odd reason) totally impressed with open, love a 19 inch cab and all the rest...very nice, only bummer would be no save game option.

Currently cutting my teeth on the 6line, which is a fine piece of work...hope to get better at my job before the let me go...lol.

Big Thankyou to all the fine developers and builders who work from here and link to here, very nice works...    ill try to keep the forum alive with dumb questions...  = )

Trackedops
The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenements halls and whispered in the sounds of silence.

Paul Simon

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Re: Open Newhire
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 10:11:58 pm »
Welcome aboard! Glad you like the content. If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask!
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Trackedops

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:52:07 am »
Thanks Bomber... glad someones out there... heres a noob question... when the time table is up why doesn't the sim post real time stats as your driving or am I missing something... thanks

Trackedops
The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenements halls and whispered in the sounds of silence.

Paul Simon

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 12:56:46 am »
I believe because you are playing in a set time to a set schedule not a "current schedule"

Offline Trackedops

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 01:20:39 am »
Thanks Rami.... but where do I reset to current... thanks

Paul Simon

Offline Trackedops

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 10:00:50 am »
I guess what im trying to say is that im getting dinged on my scores for overspeeds and lates...mostly because im not sure how fast I should be going or if im running late or not...ive been using the 6line as my classroom run (outstanding route) and im going off the timetable for all my info. Please let me know how you guys check your timing and speed...any little tricks will help me---my 40.4 earned me a talk with my boss...but I was happy with it =)

Tracked

Paul Simon

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 10:22:11 pm »
If you open up the timetable you should be able to see the maximum speed/speed limits listed on it.  I'm not sure if the routes are fully timetable optimized though.  As in they match real life times, or whether or not they are synthetic timetables based on a "estimated" time.  The game is mostly to scale, but not 100%  :)
BVEStation.

Offline Trackedops

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 01:07:04 am »
Thanks Ipac...

Ya the speed limit listed on the TT is sometimes a bust but its the best way to guage the route speed that I know of...

Paul Simon