BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) The Complete IRT Development Thread  (Read 56821 times)

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) The Complete IRT Development Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2017, 08:20:40 pm »
Is it me or is there a new FOV from the cab. This route is amazingly detailed and it really does take your breath away. Great work to all the developers involved!
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline ShortBo0y

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2017, 01:25:52 pm »
THANK YOU FOR FINALLY RELEASING THE 5 TRAIN!!

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2017, 11:43:19 am »
Does the 5 line require any dependencies? because I'm running the route and some parts are missing.

Offline iTransitFan

• New Recruit
  • Transit Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2017, 04:41:48 pm »
Does the 5 line require any dependencies? because I'm running the route and some parts are missing.

Culver and LisaRaye2

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2017, 03:43:09 pm »
OMG THANK YOUUUU !!! I'VE BEEN WAITING PATIENTLY FOR LIKE A DECADE FOR THIS 5 TRAIN!!! CHEERS AND BEERS  (LEAST NOW BECAUSE 10 YEARS AGO I WAS 17) LOL. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2017, 04:00:44 pm »
By the way, I am getting over 600 errors and almost 2k warnings when I load the NTT 5x no fog route. I checked the log and it's full of things like

C:\Program Files (x86)\BVE\Railway\Object\Lexington\Pelham Bay\ElsideL-1000L.b3d
AddFace is not a supported command - did you mean Face? - at line 1118 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\BVE\Railway\Object\Lexington\Pelham Bay\ElsideL-1000L.b3d
AddFace is not a supported command - did you mean Face? - at line 1119 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\BVE\Railway\Object\Lexington\Pelham Bay\ElsideL-1000L.b3d
AddFace is not a supported command - did you mean Face? - at line 1120 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\BVE\Railway\Object\Lexington\Pelham Bay\ElsideL-1000L.b3d
AddFace is not a supported command - did you mean Face? - at line 1121 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\BVE\Railway\Object\Lexington\Pelham Bay\ElsideL-1000L.b3d
AddFace is not a supported command - did you mean Face? - at line 1122 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\BVE\Railway\Object\Lexington\Pelham Bay\ElsideL-1000L.b3d
AddFace is not a supported command - did you mean Face?

Any suggestions?

I have to agree with the guy above, I have everything to the T (no subway pun intended) and there's a lottttttt of things missing. All my other (non-5) routes are fine as they come.

Full log here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ow4k9M64omCJQ9LPp3UqOQ13eBiGMKES

Update 2: Happens in the other 5 train routes also whether it's NTT OR SMEE.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:18:30 pm by ProjectAce »

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2017, 06:05:34 pm »
I ran the route and downloaded the LisaRaye2. the exe one is that one right?
I still have objects missing :/

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2017, 07:23:59 pm »
I ran the route and downloaded the LisaRaye2. the exe one is that one right?
I still have objects missing :/

Yep it's the same issue with me too as I described above.

Offline piesuperpac

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2017, 12:00:40 am »
All those addface errors are from object bender and don't actually effect the route.  Make sure y'all are putting your objects into Railway\Object.  A lot of people have been putting objects in the wrong folder with this route for some reason.  Make sure you have the 6, LisaRaye2 and the Culver pack installed before you install the 5.  When you install the 5 make sure to overwrite objects when asked.

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2017, 09:58:33 am »
All those addface errors are from object bender and don't actually effect the route.  Make sure y'all are putting your objects into Railway\Object.  A lot of people have been putting objects in the wrong folder with this route for some reason.  Make sure you have the 6, LisaRaye2 and the Culver pack installed before you install the 5.  When you install the 5 make sure to overwrite objects when asked.

Trust me I've never had any issues with objects missing or anything before and it's been like a lot of years (like 10+)  Even before making a post here I double checked everything. Copied things over even though I put everything where it should be. I even dragged the folders one by one in corresponding places from the 5 train .RAR file and there is no overlap of folders or anything. My parent folders are organizing the child folders nicely and as should. Ie. Railway>Object>LisaRaye2
Every object folder is in the object folder, sound folders in sound and so on.
Even the 6 train route I have is perfectly fine without missing station roofs or anything.  So I am stumped. Have you checked if maybe the .rar is fine?

Update 2: Guys having this issue, somehow an object folder here has "modified 2011" files that I overwrote without thinking/looking and the ones I had were "modified 2013". I restored my 2013 ones from a backup and it fixed some of of the issues in this 5 route (but not all, still a bunch of things missing). So maybe it's the same for ya.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:18:13 am by ProjectAce »

Offline arremm1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2017, 12:19:58 pm »
The "ADDFACE" errors are caused by object bender.  If the files are b3d, object bender replaces Face with AddFace.  All you have to do is open the object that are causing the problem and "Find and Replace AddFace with Face.  The majority of the other errors are caused by announcements not having the .wav extension in the Route file.  Unfortunately, these have to be corrected manually

Offline piesuperpac

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2017, 06:01:14 pm »
Redownload it, it should have every single object included now: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5idw885aac5auhz/NYCT-5.rar

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2018, 09:38:34 am »
Is there a way to change the speed limit on the 5 train routes cuss the max is 35mph (56kph) when I take the 5 train it goes way faster than that especially when going express from 86th to 59th and when going express from E 180th to 3rd Ave 149th st.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2018, 10:40:52 am »
Is there a way to change the speed limit on the 5 train routes cuss the max is 35mph (56kph) when I take the 5 train it goes way faster than that especially when going express from 86th to 59th and when going express from E 180th to 3rd Ave 149th st.
You have to code them manually in the route file.
Open it with any text editing software and then search 2229 and then every "2229" should be highlighted and then you add .limit 56, on the same line with all 2229 you'll find, except the first one which is in the directory section (just like in the screenshots). But you should put the limit in kph not in mph so for 35mph it's 56kph. Same with other speed limits.

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline J4trains

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2018, 12:30:53 pm »
When i try to load up the New (5) route. it says "Object reference not Set to an instance of an Object, How do i fix this?
This is a Bronx Bound 4 Express Train, The Next Stop is Grand Central-42nd Street.     Stand Clear of The Closing Door's Please!