BVEStation

Author Topic: Youtube Impersonators  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Youtube Impersonators
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:27:42 pm »
Just a word...

Somebody has been making fake youtube accounts that impersonate me, ipac, and several other people.

The person is spamming all over youtube, so please be aware that this spam is not from us. It's probably coming from some socially maladapted kid who has nothing better to do than to make fake youtube accounts and impersonate people.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube Impersonators
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:43:29 am »
Just a word...

Somebody has been making fake youtube accounts that impersonate me, ipac, and several other people.

The person is spamming all over youtube, so please be aware that this spam is not from us. It's probably coming from some socially maladapted kid who has nothing better to do than to make fake youtube accounts and impersonate people.

Can you post a link to an account, cause i want to check this out for myself. This is pretty serious as it could tarnish the reputation of a person and or entity such as bvestation.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 12:44:40 am »
Sigh, trolls these days ::)

And not trying to be picky but what did the kid say? And yes, do you have links to the channels?
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 07:56:28 am »
I've seen the accounts too. I knew it wasn't you guys though
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 08:04:01 am »
Sigh, trolls these days ::)

And not trying to be picky but what did the kid say? And yes, do you have links to the channels?
I'm not linking to the channels because I don't want to give this kid any more attention than he is already getting.
What I will say is that he made several accounts that look just like mine, ipac, and several others. They at a glance may even look to be the same accounts as the real ones (by using rn instead of m, uppercase I instead of an l, etc.)

With regards to what he/they/it said:
The things that were said are wholly inappropriate for this forum, and will not be discussed here.

Also being investigated is a possible privacy violation, which, if confirmed, could get the authorities involved.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 08:12:24 am »
I'm not linking to the channels because I don't want to give this kid any more attention than he is already getting.
What I will say is that he made several accounts that look just like mine, ipac, and several others. They at a glance may even look to be the same accounts as the real ones (by using rn instead of m, uppercase I instead of an l, etc.)

With regards to what he/they/it said:
The things that were said are wholly inappropriate for this forum, and will not be discussed here.

Also being investigated is a possible privacy violation, which, if confirmed, could get the authorities involved.

I believe this is called Libel. Which could lead to criminal prosecution.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 08:20:09 am »
I believe this is called Libel. Which could lead to criminal prosecution.
While libel is a concern, what is much more serious is the revealing of people's true identities on youtube.
It's one thing to just spam somebodies comments section, but when you start impersonating people and posting their personal information, the authorities will get involved.

In addition, if you see any video on youtube that is spammed with comments that make fun of me, ipac, BVEStation, or other BVEStation members, please PM me PRIVATELY with the link.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:21:47 am by Dj Hammers »

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 09:08:55 am »
I have a feeling about who it could be, and it's unfair because it has nothing to do with you guys.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 09:26:16 am »
I have a feeling about who it could be, and it's unfair because it has nothing to do with you guys.
For stuff like that, PM me.