BVEStation

Author Topic: AI trains  (Read 12005 times)

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
AI trains
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:24:28 pm »
how do u add more AI trains to a route

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
Re: AI trains
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:42:07 pm »
From what I understand, OpenBVE has 2 AI trains?  One in front and one in back and I believe that's the most as it goes.

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:06:43 pm »
From what I understand, OpenBVE has 2 AI trains?  One in front and one in back and I believe that's the most as it goes.

orly? is there anyway to put more? like the MT4/MT8 route?

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:56:06 pm »
orly? is there anyway to put more? like the MT4/MT8 route?

I don't think so.
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 11:00:45 pm »
how do u add more AI trains to a route

I don't suggest doing it as it clogs up the terminal station and if you add to many trains behind , some will actually push your train out of the station once you start the simulation.

But if you want , open up the Route file , Go down to Route.RunInterval and add any interval you want . The intervals are in seconds.

if you want one train in front and on a small headway like 4 minutes put this:

Route.RunInterval 240

if you want another train 4 minutes ahead , the code will look like this :

Route.RunInterval 240 ; 480

if you want another train ahead of that put this

Route.RunInterval 240 ; 480 ; 720

Now if you want a train behind , you do the same thing but as a negative integer:

Route.RunInterval 240; 480 ; -240 ; -480

^in that code you have 2 train ahead at 4 minute intervals and 2 train behind you which will depart in 4 minute intervals.

hope this helps!

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 12:26:29 am »
I don't suggest doing it as it clogs up the terminal station and if you add to many trains behind , some will actually push your train out of the station once you start the simulation.

But if you want , open up the Route file , Go down to Route.RunInterval and add any interval you want . The intervals are in seconds.

if you want one train in front and on a small headway like 4 minutes put this:

Route.RunInterval 240

if you want another train 4 minutes ahead , the code will look like this :

Route.RunInterval 240 ; 480

if you want another train ahead of that put this

Route.RunInterval 240 ; 480 ; 720

Now if you want a train behind , you do the same thing but as a negative integer:

Route.RunInterval 240; 480 ; -240 ; -480

^in that code you have 2 train ahead at 4 minute intervals and 2 train behind you which will depart in 4 minute intervals.

hope this helps!

so it will be route.runinterval 97, 99

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 02:02:52 am »
so it will be route.runinterval 97, 99

No, that will not work and if you placed it correctly that would correspond to the ai train being only 3 seconds behind the other - and which will crash into each other.

you have to place a semi colon in between intervals.

Try
route.runinterval 90 ; 180

Although i don't know why you want a train only 90 seconds infront of you.

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 02:23:55 am »
No, that will not work and if you placed it correctly that would correspond to the ai train being only 3 seconds behind the other - and which will crash into each other.

you have to place a semi colon in between intervals.

Try
route.runinterval 90 ; 180

Although i don't know why you want a train only 90 seconds infront of you.

it works on the Rshut and i like it its fun i love being delayedwith slow traffic

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 05:24:39 pm »
How do you add AI Train if the route is a cvs or rw file? When i try to find the "Route.runinterval" on the rw file, i can't find it? Can someone please help me. Thanks  :) Also how many min do i put the AI train in the front and back if i want it to be just like the MTA System?, Basically, how many min the next AI train will arrive after your train and how many min is the first AI train in front of you? Thanks  :) :D ;D

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 05:38:40 pm »
How do you add AI Train if the route is a cvs or rw file? When i try to find the "Route.runinterval" on the rw file, i can't find it? Can someone please help me. Thanks  :) Also how many min do i put the AI train in the front and back if i want it to be just like the MTA System?, Basically, how many min the next AI train will arrive after your train and how many min is the first AI train in front of you? Thanks  :) :D ;D

In RW files, it does not say Route.runinterval. Instead, it just says "interval"
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 05:46:31 pm »
so it is the same concept, but put the number on the "interval"?

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 05:49:34 pm »
Can someone please tell me how many min do i put the AI train in the front and back if i want it to be just like the MTA System?, Basically, how many min the next AI train will arrive after your train and how many min is the first AI train in front of you? Thanks  :) ;D :D   

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 06:15:02 pm »
Can someone please tell me how many min do i put the AI train in the front and back if i want it to be just like the MTA System?, Basically, how many min the next AI train will arrive after your train and how many min is the first AI train in front of you? Thanks  :) ;D :D   
Well, I know on weekends it's either 10 or 12 minutes (depends on route) and possibly 8 on weekdays

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »
i don't know what happen but, somehow  when i was driving the d line with the configuration of the AI train. that i put, my throttle start to increase by itself without me pressing it. I don't know if this is a glitch or not. The interval that i put for the D line is Interval=360 ; -360. Can someone please help me fix this problem. Also how do i make the ai train in front of me by two stop away from the train i am driving? , Also what does the 3 stand for in this case and what does the 60 stand? Also the D Line that i was driving is in rw file format. Thanks  :) ;D :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:57:28 pm by Pegasusleos4 »

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 08:19:12 pm »
i don't know what happen but, somehow  when i was driving the d line with the configuration of the AI train. that i put, my throttle start to increase by itself without me pressing it. I don't know if this is a glitch or not. The interval that i put for the D line is Interval=360 ; -360. Can someone please help me fix this problem. Also how do i make the ai train in front of me by two stop away from the train i am driving? , Also what does the 3 stand for in this case and what does the 60 stand? Also the D Line that i was driving is in rw file format. Thanks  :) ;D :D

You must have turned on the game's AI function, which makes the game drive your train automatically. Press CTRL+A to turn it off. And it is not really possible to make the AI train two stops away, because it depends on the distances between the stations which depends on the route. And I believe that to make the AI train 12 minutes away from your train, you need to just enter 12 into the interval, not 360.
Signature Removed (dead link)