BVEStation

Author Topic: Linsanity is over !  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
Linsanity is over !
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:55:25 am »
Well this whole thing about Jeremy Lin was buzzing around so I thought I could share some of my opinions.

for all those NYK Linsanity fans, yes, Jeremy Lin is no longer a knick. :P ok go ahead cry, return your Lin jersey/T shirts to modells. But I strongly agree with what the Knicks did. not matching the $25.1 million offer with the rockets. Why? Because if they did match the offer, Lin would be making more money than Stoudiemire, Chandler, Anthony, and all those good ones on the Knicks. And if I were in one of there shoes, I would totally be pissed

A quote from ESPN

If the Knicks matched the offer, they would have been subject to a luxury tax in the third year, potentially bringing their total out-of-pocket cost for the team's salary to about $43 million in 2014-15.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8175591/new-york-knicks-confirm-match-houston-rockets-offer-jeremy-lin

Anyone else agrees?
If your an NBA fanatic lol.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
Re: Linsanity is over !
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 01:22:08 pm »
It was a guarantee once we obtained Felton back that we weren't going to sign Lin back.  Now I can assure every fake Knick fan (because of Lin) are going to be all over the Rockets now.

What everyone (ESPN mostly) is saying is true.  Lin isn't worth that much yet.  I mean seriously basing his value off half a season is not right.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:03:01 pm »
Linsanity = overrated

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 05:46:20 pm »

Offline Phantom909

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:02:55 pm »
Well this whole thing about Jeremy Lin was buzzing around so I thought I could share some of my opinions.

for all those NYK Linsanity fans, yes, Jeremy Lin is no longer a knick. :P ok go ahead cry, return your Lin jersey/T shirts to modells. But I strongly agree with what the Knicks did. not matching the $25.1 million offer with the rockets. Why? Because if they did match the offer, Lin would be making more money than Stoudiemire, Chandler, Anthony, and all those good ones on the Knicks. And if I were in one of there shoes, I would totally be pissed

A quote from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8175591/new-york-knicks-confirm-match-houston-rockets-offer-jeremy-lin

Anyone else agrees?
If your an NBA fanatic lol.

i  totally disagree, first of all, amare will be making 23.1 million when lin would be making 15, so that point was wrong, second of all, the knicks will be over the cap anyway in the 3rd year, dolan will be paying a luxury tax no matter what. and that piece of shit carmelo, and im a knick fan saying it, didnt want lin on the team because lin was more popular than that ball hogging, brick throwing, quit on his coach, overrated pansy.

joe

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:25 pm »

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:37:44 pm »
35 games isn't worth 25 million yet, but seeing how Lin is so marketable and

A. Puts Asians and a whole lot of other fans in their seats at Madison Square Garden
B. Sells a ton of merchandise
C. Draws international attention, especially here in China

I don't see how luxury tax should have been an issue to Dolan. Personally, I don't like the Knicks letting him go, especially when they had a chance to sign him for less money BEFORE free agency began

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 02:30:37 am »
To the Rockets he goes.

Offline R40R32

• Operator
  • RFC_NYC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 10:58:18 am »
He goes to the rockets... so be it
Linsanity was over rated and time fly's and stuff happens.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RailLine8?feature=mhee (My YouTube Channel)
http://www.youtube.com/user/RailLine7?feature=mhee (Second YouTube channel)
M.T.A. -Money Taking Agency