BVEStation

Author Topic: Facebook Parenting - For the troubled teen  (Read 1701 times)

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
Facebook Parenting - For the troubled teen
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:57:49 pm »
This guy's teenage daughter writes a note on Facebook about how she hates her parents. Her father finds it and makes a video response on it, then posted it on Facebook and Youtube.

If you think that you can hide a FB post from your dad, who works in the IT Department for a living, then you must be really damn smart *sarcasm*

Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen.
Complaining that you sleep at 10 everyday is nothing. When I went to Bronx Science, I had to regularly stay up past 11 or 12 just to do homework, then get up the next day at 6:30 for the hour commute from my home to high school. I still do the same today, except I go to work instead of school

But for this father to publicly humiliate your daughter like this, I can't justify that at all. I think her dad should have just kept this in a private discussion instead of telling the whole world. Even though the girl's father only wanted to be seen by her daughter's 400 facebook "friends" (I bet at least a quarter of those are people who she doesn't even know), the video went viral. I mean, as a IT guy, do you REALLY expect a video like this to stay private? Cmon man.

Oh yes, then he caps off the video in a very odd way....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:04:40 pm by YankeesPwnMets »

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook Parenting - For the troubled teen
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:59:37 pm »
After watching it on Worldstar a few days ago, I've always wondered what her facebook was to see the new comments on the video posted.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:14:02 pm »
But for this father to publicly humiliate your daughter like this, I can't justify that at all. I think her dad should have just kept this in a private discussion instead of telling the whole world. Even though the girl's father only wanted to be seen by her daughter's 400 facebook "friends" (I bet at least a quarter of those are people who she doesn't even know), the video went viral. I mean, as a IT guy, do you REALLY expect a video like this to stay private? Cmon man.

Parenting is parenting. Whether he posted it on Youtube or not, he found it effective to voice his opinion over the internet, which is why I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what you mean by the word "private." She went on the internet to bash her parents. Okay, well Facebook is a social networking site which millions of people all across the globe use each and every day. that's not very private, if you ask me.

Kids hating parents? Come on, really? that's the epitome of society. Obviously he wanted people to agree with what he is saying otherwise he wouldn't have made the video. back when I was growing up there wasn't a social networking website to retreat to. You hate your parents? okay fine, that's an ass whooping right there, over and done with. Now it's called child abuse. Now, in my opinion, the words "good discipline" and "child abuse" have nothing in common, but obviously no one knows how we were raised, which is why they let their kids run around and do whatever they want.

IMHO she needs to suck it up for how many years it takes to move out because as long as she lives under their roof, their rules are their rules, even if that means public humiliation.

BStyles

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
  • proud 1999 Kenworth W900B owner(NTC cummins, 10sp)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 03:38:41 pm »
Well said Bstyles  ;)