BVEStation

Author Topic: The D Line (train traffic)  (Read 17950 times)

Offline Mistro

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
The D Line (train traffic)
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:52:56 pm »
First off congrats on one of the best NYC BVE routes I've experienced so far. The textures are great and gives much life to the route. I just have one issue with this line...
Every time I cross the Manhattan bridge I come up behind a train on the Brooklyn side that just sits in front of me in the tunnel. I actually crashed into it last night as it caught me by surprise. I the prepared myself to go slow once I entered the tunnel and the train just would not move. I know I can jump to the next station but that ruins my experience. I always found that tunnel to be very interesting and would like to operate a train through it. So what's the deal with that train?

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: The D Line (train traffic)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:14:15 am »
That sometimes happens if you run way ahead of schedule. You can disable it by opening the route file in a text editor and removing the "Interval" part
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Mistro

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 12:30:23 am »
Thanks, I'll try that. But I was like 12min. late so I don't know if being ahead of schedule was the problem. That train is always there every time for me.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 12:34:43 am »
It might just be a bug then, and you are not the only one, as I drove the (V) line once and I actually was late because of the train in front of me. Also, the train can sometimes derail too.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Failsafe

• Operator
  • Community Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 11:14:39 am »
I have also found that with the 7 line, the trains go really really slow, so i am always coming u behind another train. And yea the D line has that to, i mean its cool trains are running by them selves but they should run faster than normal. The other times i have experienced  this is on these lines

F line
L line
Q line
V line
Bvestation Police Department-To protect and serve

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 04:18:26 pm »
Train train derailed in front of you. For some reason, there's always a problem with trains around the Manhattan Bridge route because there are no yellows and the interval train ahead of you goes full speed over the bridge and ends up derailing near the portal.

Turn derailment off and you should be good!
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Mistro

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 10:07:21 pm »
Train train derailed in front of you. For some reason, there's always a problem with trains around the Manhattan Bridge route because there are no yellows and the interval train ahead of you goes full speed over the bridge and ends up derailing near the portal.

Turn derailment off and you should be good!

Thanks for the tip. Tried it and I got through smoothly. Just have to remember to take it slow down there.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 07:25:30 am »
I have also found that with the 7 line, the trains go really really slow, so i am always coming u behind another train. And yea the D line has that to, i mean its cool trains are running by them selves but they should run faster than normal. The other times i have experienced  this is on these lines

F line
L line
Q line
V line
Those lines have speed limits and the trains go by that limit

Offline Failsafe

• Operator
  • Community Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 08:34:29 am »

F line
L line
Q line
V line

Pretty much but i think there to slow

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 08:42:22 am »

F line
L line
Q line
V line

Operate too fast and expect to see the trains in front.
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Failsafe

• Operator
  • Community Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 08:44:42 am »

F line
L line
Q line
V line

Yea probably

Operate too fast and expect to see the trains in front.

Offline metroII

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 01:40:53 pm »
Ive never had a problem with it. Until i get to Atlantic Ave then i got to wait about 2-3 mins before the A.I train decides to move. Even on the Q at Dekalb Ave, the signals
allow to me to reach "bumper to bumper" to the train infront of me. Question though, has anyone had problems with the R68 on the D? I've noticed that the 10 Car
train reaches too far out of the station both AI and the one that I have.
jbetancourt

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »
The main problem is the coding.

Its what you call a static train, which is a free object. If its coded on the track that your operating on it will stay there.

Also there maybe some errors that prevent the train from moving forward. That you will have to wait until developers work out the kinks.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 07:17:37 pm »
Ive never had a problem with it. Until i get to Atlantic Ave then i got to wait about 2-3 mins before the A.I train decides to move. Even on the Q at Dekalb Ave, the signals
allow to me to reach "bumper to bumper" to the train infront of me. Question though, has anyone had problems with the R68 on the D? I've noticed that the 10 Car
train reaches too far out of the station both AI and the one that I have.
With the (Q) the A.I reaches DeKalb early because of the speed it reaches leaving the bridge
Isn't the R68 usually 8 cars? That might be your problem.
--
The main problem is the coding.

Its what you call a static train, which is a free object. If its coded on the track that your operating on it will stay there.

Also there maybe some errors that prevent the train from moving forward. That you will have to wait until developers work out the kinks.
It's not an A.I train, it is another actual train in front of you performing regular service. It's to simulate realism

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 09:30:52 pm »
allow to me to reach "bumper to bumper" to the train infront of me.

You're driving WAY too fast then. The static train does not follow speed restrictions (cause they weren't coded in), nor the signals (supposed to be timers around that section), so ideally, you should be driving around 15 mph the entire journey across the bridge and even slower entering the portal.

There's no route errors (not regarding derailments), so just take it slow next time, and you shouldn't see this problem.
Kawasaki_Plant