BVEStation

Author Topic: Why is it that the most lines that can run on a local track is two lines???  (Read 3088 times)

Offline ThePTrain

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
I notice how on the local side of the track, there's only 1-2 trains example: B and C why isn't there 3 on a local track at a time example : B C K

The only time there were 3 on a local track I know of was Queens Blvd (G,R,V). Is it something to do with train traffic or what?

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
I notice how on the local side of the track, there's only 1-2 trains example: B and C why isn't there 3 on a local track at a time example : B C K

The only time there were 3 on a local track I know of was Queens Blvd (G,R,V). Is it something to do with train traffic or what?
Depends on the scheduling of each line. A single track can realistically handle ~24 or so trains per hour. If you're trying to squeeze three lines on one track, that's only 8 trains per hour per line, or one train every 7.5 min for each individual line, whereas if you're running two lines on one track you can run 12 trains per hour per line, or one train every 5 min per line.