BVEStation

Author Topic: R30 OpenBVE [Official Thread] + Preview  (Read 80631 times)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: R30 OpenBVE [Official Thread] + Preview
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 12:30:49 am »
Graffiti is considered to some as an art, but growing up I never liked it and I will not endorse it. It may look good on the trains, but for the ones that had to live through it, sit in it, ride it to work, etc. it was not a happy time.

I saw the videos on YouTube of the graffiti laced trains and I must admit, we have it a lot better now, with the newer stainless steel SMEEs and NTTs. If you want to keep it on the train then that's your choice. It's considered vandalism, but it was also a focal part of our past.

Anyway, the R30 exterior could use some work, but since it just started i'll spread my best wishes.

BStyles
well these previews were taken of an early version of the exterior that i sent to Dtrain . i have updated the exterior and with the help of andy we implemented rollsigns . as for the graffiti scheme i wanted to do that to give it a more retro feel as we got a couple of routes coming out taking place int the 70s/80s .im also saving that for last as i want to work on the redbird and olive schemes of the train first .
i will post some updated pics of the exterior and panel soon.

Offline Andrew

• New Recruit
  • Mets fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 12:44:24 am »
and with the help of andy we implemented rollsigns .

We??? LOL Just kidding, just kidding. Don't get upset with me please. Btw tomorrow I'll start/finish the side rollsigns. I'm looking to use the 5 and 6 keys to switch between the north and south terminals respectively since the 7 and 8 keys are used already. The side route sign will use the same key as the front route signs.

BTW Does anyone know if the JoeKorNer signs are open source? I'm tired of making signs from scratch...

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 12:56:19 am »
and with the help of andy we implemented rollsigns .

We??? LOL Just kidding, just kidding. Don't get upset with me please. Btw tomorrow I'll start/finish the side rollsigns. I'm looking to use the 5 and 6 keys to switch between the north and south terminals respectively since the 7 and 8 keys are used already. The side route sign will use the same key as the front route signs.

BTW Does anyone know if the JoeKorNer signs are open source? I'm tired of making signs from scratch...
dont worry bout the signs themselves , ill create them if JoeKorNer's arent opened sourced , just worry bout the coding . Btw i hope you dont mind if i modify them a bit to make em look more realistic .... 

Offline Andrew

• New Recruit
  • Mets fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2011, 01:03:19 am »
dont worry bout the signs themselves , ill create them if JoeKorNer's arent opened sourced , just worry bout the coding . Btw i hope you dont mind if i modify them a bit to make em look more realistic ....

Sure modify away. Just don't mess the coding up.

Offline Ddatrainman

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 03:47:38 pm »
Graffiti is considered to some as an art, but growing up I never liked it and I will not endorse it. It may look good on the trains, but for the ones that had to live through it, sit in it, ride it to work, etc. it was not a happy time.

I saw the videos on YouTube of the graffiti laced trains and I must admit, we have it a lot better now, with the newer stainless steel SMEEs and NTTs. If you want to keep it on the train then that's your choice. It's considered vandalism, but it was also a focal part of our past.

Anyway, the R30 exterior could use some work, but since it just started i'll spread my best wishes.

BStyles
well these previews were taken of an early version of the exterior that i sent to Dtrain . i have updated the exterior and with the help of andy we implemented rollsigns . as for the graffiti scheme i wanted to do that to give it a more retro feel as we got a couple of routes coming out taking place int the 70s/80s .im also saving that for last as i want to work on the redbird and olive schemes of the train first .
i will post some updated pics of the exterior and panel soon.

You get the email I sent you with the new front/ends?

want the new  hornsound too?

That graffiti side took me an hour and 15 mins to crop, edit and paint It still needs work BStyles,
 I dont endorse graffiti I just thought it would look nice on this train, showing the phases.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2011, 04:33:57 pm »
well i like it. (not graffiti)  it is really cool
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Ddatrainman

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 09:00:26 pm »
Thanks

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 10:50:09 pm »
The graffiti really brings back some past times and would look very, let's say accurate, for any 70's/80's routes out here and in the future as you said.

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2011, 09:10:13 am »
since the r30 side img is slanted want me to make it straight ? heres how it looks like :
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:13:23 am by AyooDess »

Offline Ddatrainman

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 02:30:31 pm »
since the r30 side img is slanted want me to make it straight ? heres how it looks like :

God Damn, Thanks! How'd you do it? I Will implement this into the train now. ;D

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2011, 05:35:33 pm »

bro i already did that and fixed up a few things on that exterior on my version .

Offline Ddatrainman

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:54 pm »

bro i already did that and fixed up a few things on that exterior on my version .

Right... I forgot you told me lol. Plus I didn't even bother editing this cuz it has a pixelated white background. Not a blue one.
My bad

Offline Ddatrainman

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2011, 03:14:37 pm »
Oh so this is where the thread went... its a NYCTA train shouldnt this stay in the other forum?

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 03:57:12 pm »
Oh so this is where the thread went... its a NYCTA train shouldnt this stay in the other forum?

It could but it doesn't have to
-----

Nice side so far

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2011, 04:37:46 pm »
i created this thread a while back and didnt want two threads so it got merged to cause less confusion .  8)