BVEStation

Author Topic: 3ds max model to .csv?  (Read 7156 times)

Offline VolvoOlympian

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
3ds max model to .csv?
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:35:41 am »
Just wondering, I have got a 3D model in 3ds Max 2015, with textures applied. What are the steps that I should take to convert it into .csv format for use in openBVE?

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3ds max model to .csv?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:57:48 am »
Unfortunately there isn't a known way to import a 3ds max model to CSV.  OpenBVE does have partial support for .x files however, with my experimentation, only simple .x objects work.  You may want to try finding an importer to a .x format and maybe you'll get something in OpenBVE, but again, there is only partial support.  When I created a basic cylinder in a .x format, only half the faces showed, giving me a staggered cylinder...  Otherwise, there isn't a known way.
BVEStation.

Offline VolvoOlympian

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:36:09 am »
Unfortunately there isn't a known way to import a 3ds max model to CSV.  OpenBVE does have partial support for .x files however, with my experimentation, only simple .x objects work.  You may want to try finding an importer to a .x format and maybe you'll get something in OpenBVE, but again, there is only partial support.  When I created a basic cylinder in a .x format, only half the faces showed, giving me a staggered cylinder...  Otherwise, there isn't a known way.
Thanks, but how about .b3d?

Offline Manuel18

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Venezuela and High Speed Trains development
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 07:36:55 pm »
Sorry for the late answer.

There is a way. but you need to use a program.

Jeminie from South Korea create it, it's freeware

http://www.mediafire.com/download/122s6rh05tsehww/convert3ds.zip
Visual C++ redistributable package 2010 for Windows NEEDED!

Using this tool you are able to choose if you want on csv or b3d.

-----------------
HOW TO USE
-----------------
Some objects on 3ds max have a hide color on mesh could be yellow gray brown etc...
you need to delete the "COLOR" line manually on every meshbuilder section on the exported model.

Please don't use complex mesh unless it's necesary like High Speed train. But to be honest.

"Nothing like a create it with perfect measures and shapes manually" , unless you are a Professional on 3DS MAX.
It doesn't matter who did it , if how he did it.
Myself :P