BVEStation

Author Topic: City Hall Loop  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
City Hall Loop
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:47:00 pm »
I have pics but i'm too lazy to post it...so here is a video!!

R142A (6) At City Hall Loop
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:52:40 pm by tvega961 »
Formally Known as tvega961

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: City Hall Loop
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:06:09 pm »
i think its wrong how the city hall station was abandoned. they should have moved it to the straight part of the loop or at least made the loop a little bit wider so the trains could stop there and not stop at the brooklyn bridge station. i mean keep the brooklyn bridge station for the 4 and 5 lines and the city hall station for the 6. but the irt was stupid and ignorant in its young years before the unification to form the nycta. nice video did you make it.

[Please do not post in caps.  Thanks]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:28:31 pm by ipac »

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:03:22 pm »
Imagine boarding a train now or days at this station, would be bad

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:33:45 pm »
yes but they could have done like south ferry before they abandoned that station as well. they could have put boarding ramps were there were gaps between the doors and the platform. they also could have like i said moved the station to the beginning of the loop were the 6 line diverges from the 4 and 5 lines. the station would start at the end of Brooklyn bridge station then end the station connecting it to the city hall station get what I'm saying?

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 10:18:05 pm »
yes but they could have done like south ferry before they abandoned that station as well. they could have put boarding ramps were there were gaps between the doors and the platform. they also could have like i said moved the station to the beginning of the loop were the 6 line diverges from the 4 and 5 lines. the station would start at the end of Brooklyn bridge station then end the station connecting it to the city hall station get what I'm saying?
As far as I know, City Hall was the first IRT subway station built. However, SF is a different story. Again, according to my sources; correct me if I'm wrong please. SF only started with the inner loop which can accommodate 10 cars, but only for the middle door. The outer loop platform was later built; the track was already in place. I also believe that the outer platform of SF was built much, MUCH later than City Hall, thus having the technology of moving platforms.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator