BVEStation

Author Topic: Announcements in routes  (Read 6130 times)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Announcements in routes
« on: October 12, 2012, 02:50:45 pm »
Hello everyone, i am currently working on a project to better categorize the announcements we use and to make it universal across all non-fictional routes. This will in the end save space and time for lot's of developers and users who download routes. Developers would no longer have to go out and record the announcements and won't have to post duplicate folder with the same announcements saving a bunch of space.  Over the past 3 years of fanning and daily commuting i have accumulated a lot of announcements and with a bunch of contributions from many people i have compiled announcements for nearly every line.

Here is an example of what the "Broadway" Folder will Contain :
(N) , (Q) , (R) and (W) train announcements, along with lines that are rerouted on the Broadway line like a (B) train to Astoria , (E) via Broadway ,etc.

There will be a announcement index included with each folder for easy browsing.  These are the folders that i will publish after i finish compiling everything:

--- ---A Division-----

"Lexington"
(4) (5) (6)  , (2) via Lexington av
"7ave"
(1) (2) (3) and (5) via 7th ave
"Mainst"
(7) <7> and Grand central (S)
------B division-------

"6ave"
(B) (D) (F) (M) (V) and reroutes along 6th ave
"8ave"
(A) (C) (E) and reroutes along 8th ave , and (S)

"Broadway"
(N) (Q) (R) (W) and reroutes along Broadway lines

"Canarsie"
(L) and (V) to/from canarsie

"Nassau"
(J) (Z) and Brown (M)

"Crosstown"
(G) and reroutes along the (G)

"PSA"
public service announcements

Once completed i will post the download link to each folder underneath it's name in this thread. Although i have a lot of announcements recorded, i still don't have all so If anyone has some announcements they want to contribute, feel free to email it to me at MrRailfan@gmail.com  . I will give credit to whoever wants to contribute.

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Announcements in routes
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:33:40 pm »
Did you know that the Q, on some day is running express on the B Line. Basically the Q run express from prospect park all the way to Brighton Beach and then switch back to it route. Do you think that you can try to get the announcement for it. I think the Q is running express on the B line for now due to construction on the local track

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 06:47:01 pm »
Did you know that the Q, on some day is running express on the B Line. Basically the Q run express from prospect park all the way to Brighton Beach and then switch back to it route. Do you think that you can try to get the announcement for it. I think the Q is running express on the B line for now due to construction on the local track

Trust me i will put in all possible G.O announcements in the package. Plus i posted the Q express announcements: Q - to Coney Island [via Brighton Express] Announcements

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 07:06:18 pm »
Nice annoucements, very clear and crisp recording. Did you use a iphone to record these annoucment? I probably would like to help out with the recording in the future if i have time. I don't know why but somehow when i try to record these annoucment it wasn't very clear and crisp like yours? Is there a secret behind this? lol  :) :D ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:08:50 pm by Pegasusleos4 »

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 07:09:09 pm »
My favorite by far definitely had to be the (A) to Coney Island via Culver Express.