BVEStation

Author Topic: Openbve 1.4.2 issue  (Read 21256 times)

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Openbve 1.4.2 issue
« on: July 01, 2012, 08:31:31 pm »
Hello bvestation, could someone help me out with a small problem Im having on openbve. When I load a route and train, somehow it doesnt save to the "recently used" category. I am running Windows Vista and the error message I get would be how C:/Program Files/openbve/settings/options.cfg can not be accessed. Any advice is appericated :)
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Openbve 1.4.2 issue
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 09:18:27 pm »
I'm Having That Same Problem To. I'm Also Running Ah Windows Vista "Dell". and sometime's when i load the route nothing come's up but the  inside of the cab also sometime's the nothing come's up..

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Openbve 1.4.2
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 12:03:23 am »
Hey Bvestation.I Downloaded The New Version Of OpenBve A Few Days Ago And it's giving me Alot of problems..i'm Using Ah Windows Vista Home Basic A Dell desktop, ah 32-bit Operating System, with a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3200+  2.00 Ghz.. Now When I Go to Play Openbve Like i certain route like the (A) Line It say's missing 1156 files. the train come up but the only thing i see is  blackness and signals . I Also Downloaded the new R160 Alstom and the new R46 the only thing is see is just whiteness and some lights.. Can Someone help me . :(

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Openbve 1.4.2
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 12:33:14 am »
I experienced the same problem what you are going to do is make sure that you have all the requirements like oalinst,SDL,and Tao if that did not work you will make sure that under the openbve file that you saved that the objects,sounds,and route files are not saved in another folder like railroad like I did and when I took the files out the railroad folder it started to work and if that does not work what you are going to do is re-download all the reqirements or openbve as a whole hopefully that was enough to help

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:33:53 am »
I would try redownloading all the dependiences and putting them in the correct folder catoregries. As for me, i just have a minor problem, somethin to do with openbve not being able to use the options.cfg file.
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 11:55:26 am »
Ok.. So You mean take the Object's.sound.route folder out of the railway folder and out of the openbve content folder.? but here's what i did.. First i created the openbve folder on desktop then i downloaded the new version of openbve but i dnt need "tao" cause everything came in there the only thing i needed was the sdl.and oalinst. so after i downloaded everything, in the openbve folder i created ah folder called openbve content then in that folder i created the railway folder and the train folder, in the railway folder i had Sound,route,and object,. Since i don't have Program Files(x86) I Only have program files.i do have bve2.0 so in that bve folder i have a railway and a train folder in the railway folder i have Sound Route And object. same thing i did for bve 4.

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 01:31:15 pm »
yeah take those files out of railroad and it should work it worked for me

Offline laurent

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 01:57:04 pm »
Try to rename the file filesystem.cfg in filesystem.bak in the directory "Root_Installation_Of_The_New_Version\UserData\Settings"
( Replace Root_Installation_Of_The_New_Version by your own installation directory)

More explanations:
The delivered file 'filesystem.cfg' is parameterized to save options.cfg file into C:/Program Files/openbve/settings, by default on Vista/Windows7 the UAC (User Access Control) is on and  the applications can't write into  C:/Program Files.

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 03:11:10 pm »
Thanks, but i guess running openbve in administrative mode also solves the problem  :D
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 01:06:26 am »
Thanks Man I Tried it and it worked...I Was also wondering can you help me with making my own route ?? ;)

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 03:36:12 pm »
Ok.. The Same Thing Started Happening Again?? :(

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »
first things first is it the same route

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 05:29:38 pm »
Nope Every Single One Of Them..I Only download 1 train and almost every single route. but i'm using ah laptop now. and it's ah TOSHIBA Windows 7 ultimate.

Offline Failsafe

• Operator
  • Community Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 07:21:01 pm »
I had that problem once, all i did was re-install and made sure i had all the dependinces and it worked  ;)
Bvestation Police Department-To protect and serve

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 07:38:22 pm »
you mind making a video or giving me step by step on instaling it cause i don't think ima get it to work right without getting help.. Pleasee !! ;)