BVEStation

Author Topic: NYCT Route  (Read 6497 times)

Offline NYC SUBWAY

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
NYCT Route
« on: July 15, 2015, 07:03:49 am »
I want to make NYCT Q Line Form Coney Island To Astoria Ditmars,Who can do with me and teach me how to make ???

Thank You ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: NYCT Route
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:21 am »
there are some tutorials on mrsam127s channel which show the basics of route coding http://www.bveklub.hu/developing/route_csv.htmlOpenBVE Route Building Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA4jifiAjpbRmVqg4jA-meRPRWUdAfOam

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 08:52:31 am »
I would wait till they release the (Q) which is in the foreseeable future, and using the new (Q) I would code it backwards, so that way you have all new and updated objects

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:41:37 am »
U should do more basic route so you can get the hang of coding first .The (Q) is a pretty big and complicated route.

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
  • FAA Licensed Student Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 04:24:11 pm »
Take Ramirez' and SimCentral's advice. Even if you don't wanna do another route, at least start off with a shuttle, but not a full Portion of a route.

Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the picture above!

Offline bvefan

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 08:56:54 pm »
I would wait till they release the (Q) which is in the foreseeable future, and using the new (Q) I would code it backwards, so that way you have all new and updated objects
Coding a route "backwards" is not as easy as it sounds. To be honest it would be less stressful to do it from scratch. Plus seeing the fact that the updated Q line has way more detail than the usual routes it would be that much harder.
I want to make NYCT Q Line Form Coney Island To Astoria Ditmars,Who can do with me and teach me how to make ???

Thank You ;D ;D ;D ;D

My advice would be to start with something simple like adding more detail to older routes like the 7,2, or GC Shuttle then once you get a hang of that use that knowledge and try to create a fictional route or a skeleton of the Q. It might take time but you'll get what you wanted in the end.