BVEStation

Author Topic: Subway cars in the media? - Post sightings here!  (Read 12895 times)

Offline R40R32

• Operator
  • RFC_NYC
    • View Profile
Re: Subway cars in the media? - Post sightings here!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 08:19:34 pm »
Also, it's a fucking movie! Be glad they used something not only resembling a New York City subway train, but also using one similar to a train one would normally see on Central Park West in 2002. I've seen some horrible examples of movies depicting the subway system. That scene in Knowing is the first that comes to mind (look it up on YouTube).

Don't get your underwear all up in knots over things most viewers wouldn't give two shits about.

All I was saying in my post was that It just resembles the 7th avenue station on the (F) line and that this was never clearly a train because the mta would not pay to cut there train in half that's all i am saying Lance so don't go getting pissed at me for some shit alright , ya I know its a movie  and so on we all have our opinions so i stated mine.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RailLine8?feature=mhee (My YouTube Channel)
http://www.youtube.com/user/RailLine7?feature=mhee (Second YouTube channel)
M.T.A. -Money Taking Agency

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »
I threw in an argument saying that it was actually an R27/R30/R30A being used and not an R32, but I didn't say I wasn't happy with what they used. Also, I wasn't disappointed at all that an R32 set wasn't used in the movie. I am totally okay with an R27/R30/R30A set looking like an R32 and being used for Men In Black II. In fact, I am really amazed how the production crew or whoever was responsible for decorating the BMT car made it look this close to an R32.

As for the "people don't care about the little things" part, that's why I ended my entire argument in my second post by saying that everyone is free to believe what they want. I didn't pay much attention to the car's true identity until after I watched the YouTube clip, and it was just me getting over-excited about my findings. Obviously I know what will happen if I continued to ramble on.
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:53:11 pm »
Its all really irrelevant.

I'm pretty sure the entire scene was filmed with a green screen anyway. What the producers most likely did was obtain a lot of stock NYC Subway material and threw it all in a 3D production program.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 01:23:44 am »
You guys really arguing on a movie prop?  Honestly that whole screen looked green screened to me.

I mean I understand most of us likes the subway system and their technologies but if you guys are going to a sissy fit on the very last detail of a movie prop, then you guys should step outside.

It's okay to joke around and make small pointers but really?  Arguing on this?  Feels like I'm in a kindergarten class arguing on which crayons are better.

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 10:33:29 pm »
Let's just get back on topic and post sightings here in films and media

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 04:46:04 pm »
Also, it's a fucking movie! Be glad they used something not only resembling a New York City subway train, but also using one similar to a train one would normally see on Central Park West in 2002. I've seen some horrible examples of movies depicting the subway system. That scene in Knowing is the first that comes to mind (look it up on YouTube).

Don't get your underwear all up in knots over things most viewers wouldn't give two shits about.

Lol on that note : it was Kew Gardens. Lol

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 05:23:20 pm »
Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
a mock R142A but it was really a R62A and they made the 6 got o Coney Island... it was pretty fucked up
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel