BVEStation

Author Topic: Get Post Counts Moved Over  (Read 6153 times)

Offline SevenEleven

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
Get Post Counts Moved Over
« on: January 01, 2011, 03:03:29 am »
With the upgraded site I feel that you guys should have just carried over the database if it was possible. If not, I understand. However, to show who has some sort of age in the forums, I was wondering if we could get our old post counts carried over and we continue building from there.

Also, can I get my username changed to SevenEleven? I just realized that I had the chance to change it once I rer-registered.

Thanks.

TTMG Media Crew

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Re: Get Post Counts Moved Over
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:06:37 am »
I believe you can just change your display name.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:29:12 pm »
I don't think it's really a big deal. In fact, I think we should start over with new post numbers, because a lot of members make useless posts and end up having incredibly high post counts.

Also, it's oddly strange to have a high post count on a forum just a few days old.

As long as I've been on the site I had about 1400 posts. There are some members(other than the administration) who have surpassed that in just a few months. So, your new years resolution should be to post less and worry less about the post count.

BStyles

Offline SevenEleven

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »
I didn't ask for a smart response, I was posing a suggestion. So can someone with the position of "Forums Staff" add a proper reply to this...

TTMG Media Crew

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 12:55:44 pm »
I didn't ask for a smart response, I was posing a suggestion. So can someone with the position of "Forums Staff" add a proper reply to this...

I didnt think that was a fair response he was just probably pointing out a fact. Yes, myself had gone pass a posting limit on the old forums, but its good to atleast have a decent mount of posts yet making sure its not just something useless that was posted. If you chek my posts in the old forums you would be like "wth??"

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 01:54:33 pm »
The administration voted to have a brand new forum installed.  Although it would have been possible to migrate the older forum to this new one, it wouldn't have that sense of new-ness.  The old forum was also filled with a lot of junk and we wanted to clean that up as well.  It is much easier to have this new installation, then migrate the old forum to the new one.

The site is big and old enough to show some sort of age, and we always have an archived copy of the forum that anyone can access.

This is our attempt to improve the quality of the site without doing major purging to the old forum.
BVEStation.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:56:08 pm »
That response pretty much answered your question. The post count is just a number, we all know who everyone is, and it's refreshing to actually start off new in this new year. I've been on the old forums since it opened and it isn't such a big deal to me