BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) Official Update Thread for the NYCTA IRT Routes  (Read 183536 times)

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Official Update Thread for the NYCTA IRT Routes
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2015, 04:42:08 pm »
very Nice.Can't Wait for release.

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2015, 06:48:03 pm »
I see quite a few things that could use some work. I am not nitpicking, albeit the route may be completed I see inaccuracies and basic things that can be improved that we are seeing with the development of the (4)(B)(Q) lines.

The Route was mostly finished back in 2013 thats one of the reasons, some of the objects came from the 4 line.
6 Line will be worked on again to add or change features to route that was added/change from 2013 to 2015 like station rehabs, other station modification to reflect the changes NYCT made, Around later this spring (around May 2015) when I get a new camera because my camera was stolen by one of the Railfanners at the UTC meeting, This is one of the reasons why 6 is getting release the way it's. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:59:49 pm by JayJay85 »

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2015, 06:58:55 pm »
The Route was mostly finished back in 2013 thats one of the reasons, some of the objects came from the 4 line.
I understand that and respect everyone's work. It's just weird seeing
here more updates

when it is 2015 and it should look like:

I'm just pointing out the detail of objects as well as then and now. There can be improvements made based off what you showed us. (Not at all in a disrespectful way).

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2015, 07:17:17 pm »
6 Line will be worked on again to add or change features to route that was added/change from 2013 to 2015 like station rehabs, other station modification to reflect the changes NYCT made, Around later this spring (around May 2015) when I get a new camera because my camera was stolen by one of the Railfanners at the UTC meeting, This is one of the reasons why 6 is getting release the way it's.

You do have a point.
Some stations do look it's 2015 (18 of 38 stations have been upgraded to 2014/15 textures standards).

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2015, 07:32:30 pm »

You do have a point.
Some stations do look it's 2015 (18 of 38 stations have been upgraded to 2014/15 textures standards).
Thanks for the clarification. And you don't have to release this to make us happy if you feel this could be better. Speaking for myself and some of the community I'm sure we would wait a few extra months or years for a fully finished product thats up to date instead of different versions. I believe we are seeing that with the (E),(4) and (7) routes in development. They have been in development for almost 7 years and I believe part of the reason is not the developers not having time but because the transition from BVE to OpenBVE as well as higher quality routes and photorealistic technology have plagued time. The (4) serves as an excellent example when it was first started half a decade ago it was using non-photo realistic stuff and over that time to now we've seen numerous changes from the station tile, to tracks, to elevators, and beams.

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2015, 08:54:25 pm »
Thanks for the clarification. And you don't have to release this to make us happy if you feel this could be better. Speaking for myself and some of the community I'm sure we would wait a few extra months or years for a fully finished product thats up to date instead of different versions. I believe we are seeing that with the (E),(4) and (7) routes in development. They have been in development for almost 7 years and I believe part of the reason is not the developers not having time but because the transition from BVE to OpenBVE as well as higher quality routes and photorealistic technology have plagued time. The (4) serves as an excellent example when it was first started half a decade ago it was using non-photo realistic stuff and over that time to now we've seen numerous changes from the station tile, to tracks, to elevators, and beams.

by the way I will be resume working on A line soon and will be one of most highly detail route similar routes like the (Q) and (4) lines.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:59:20 pm by JayJay85 »

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2015, 11:06:20 pm »
Given the level of work and time required to update the route to the 4k textures and dgn-accurate object placement of the Q line, it would be best to have an interim release.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2015, 09:42:40 am »
by the way I will be resume working on A line soon and will be one of most highly detail route similar routes like the (Q) and (4) lines.
Awesome, glad to hear this.
Given the level of work and time required to update the route to the 4k textures and dgn-accurate object placement of the Q line, it would be best to have an interim release.
True and understandable. Thanks!

Offline narnia0100

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2015, 11:58:55 am »
Hi,

Is there a less-detailed route of the 6 line that is available for download? Even though I have 100+ GB left on my hard drive, the route is still very slow. It's not the train file, I ran it with another route and it works fine. Maybe it's just my graphics card.

Thanks,
narnia0100

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
  • FAA Licensed Student Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2015, 01:44:58 pm »
Hi,

Is there a less-detailed route of the 6 line that is available for download? Even though I have 100+ GB left on my hard drive, the route is still very slow. It's not the train file, I ran it with another route and it works fine. Maybe it's just my graphics card.

Thanks,
narnia0100

The (6) is a VERY high quality route, and requires a nice graphics card to run smoothly. Try turning down your settings if you haven't already. One source of lag is the animated trains present throughout the route. I know someone who made a version without the animated trains, but I don't know how to get my hands on it right now.

Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the picture above!

Offline narnia0100

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2015, 03:02:51 pm »
The (6) is a VERY high quality route, and requires a nice graphics card to run smoothly. Try turning down your settings if you haven't already. One source of lag is the animated trains present throughout the route. I know someone who made a version without the animated trains, but I don't know how to get my hands on it right now.

Thanks for the info. :)

narnia0100

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2015, 06:57:31 am »
Thanks for the info. :)

narnia0100
Anytime =)

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2015, 10:45:46 pm »
Hey Guys I am back to doing some work on routes, I might actually turn up attention on IRT routes in the Bronx meaning I might work on the 2 Line.

Offline J4trains

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »
Any News On The 4 Line?
This is a Bronx Bound 4 Express Train, The Next Stop is Grand Central-42nd Street.     Stand Clear of The Closing Door's Please!

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 16, 2015, 04:09:52 pm »
Any News On The 4 Line?
Being worked on in both directions by myself, Lexington456, Miles, and ZtraintoBroad.