BVE > NYCTA Projects

[RELEASED] (WIP) Official Update Thread for the R40 Slant, R40M, and R42

<< < (18/24) > >>

BadriveR142A:
Okay, time to revive this thread back!

Thanks to William who granted me the development of the preGOH R40/M/42, I'm now officially developing them from now on, and will finally release the long waited trains once finally completed so you can enjoy them on the 1970s B'way/Nassau St/6th Ave lines

The new trains will:

-be rebuilt to approximately real sizes with same distances between each door openings,ect.
-be more detailed with 3d skirts, windows seats and a rounder roof and bonnet
-have a better front (especially for the R40 Slant), anticlimbers,ect.
-have better textures, window reflections,ect.
-include all versions from different eras from the early 1970s to GOH with graffiti, new 76' rollsigns and new 78' interiors,ect.
-include mixed R40M-R42 consists
-have the interior and rollsign lights turning on and off by pressing a key.

I'm currently working on the 1969-1973 R42, the train is still being rebuild so some stuff will have to be fixed again, Then I'll start making the other versions and then make the R40M out of it. The slant will come later.

Anyways here are screenshots, the first screenshots show the early improving work of the train showing the new rollsigns and the last ones show the current state of the rebuilding:

TheOne10118:
Looking good! Can we have some screenshots of the pre-GOH R40 Slant?

BadriveR142A:

--- Quote from: TheOne10118 on March 03, 2018, 12:20:57 pm ---Looking good! Can we have some screenshots of the pre-GOH R40 Slant?

--- End quote ---
I will work on the slant after I finish the R40M. The R42 is finally rebuild, I'm currently fixing the shadows on the cars with the lights turned off and making new interior rollsigns, stay tuned for new screens later

BadriveR142A:
New update on the R42:

Exterior and interior finally rebuilt, 3D straphangers, made some new 1969' interior route map rollsign (in which I'll need to lower the resolution unfortunately due to black/white textures sometimes happening) that I didn't finish yet, only finished the E, F and KK routes.
Note that I'll also make LQ version of the train for low end computers with 2D straphangers and lower rollsign textures resolution and size.
The lighting differences between "A" and "B" cars will be fixed and door indicators on the outside will be added.
Regarding the bonnet I'm mentally preparing myself and I'll keep that for the last.
Anyways here are screenshots:

bigbellymon4:
 :o :o :o The 42 looks great, amazing work!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version