BVEStation

Author Topic: OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE: DB 101 and Bombardier TRAXX Electric Locomotive Development  (Read 7283 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
After much searching and coding, I am pleased to say that the DB101 Locomotive (in Hungarian Colors) is close to being released to the OpenBVE community. Marcell Gal, AKA Gothpaladinus (Creator of the Siemens Taurus and Railjet coaches), has graciously supplied me with the exterior files for the locomotive which were created by Tommy50, and thus motivating me to synthesis and edit in the sounds sourced from the DB101 and also code for proper train physics (300 kN max TE). This train is currently in its complete state, and will be released as soon as I hear back Gothpaladinus's feedback. The bilevel cars seen in this video are sourced here: http://bve.e6.pl/Bdhpumn_25-08_005.html
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE: Deutche Bahn Class 101 Electric Locomotive Now Available for OpenBVE (Preview)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Finally, we have some traction in the TRAXX development thread. A new exterior created by Alejandro Melo has been released, and has succeeded in motivating me to play around with the propulsion sounds a bit. This is what resulted:
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE New Bombardier TRAXX Exterior Preview with Updated Sounds (2/9/13)
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE New Bombardier TRAXX Diesel Exterior with Updated Sounds (2/9/13)
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE New Bombardier TRAXX Exterior with Updated Sounds Preview (2/9/13)
As of right now, these trains are not for release until I hear back from the main developers. I expect to have them soon, so sit back and keep watch for more videos and, ultimately, the download link. For now though, the new exteriors (without my sound and physics updates) can be downloaded here: http://clubedobvemex.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:18:09 pm by Fan Railer »

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Another preview video. Read the description for more information:
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE New Bombardier TRAXX Diesel P160DE Operating Edinburgh - Aberdeen Route
Enjoy =)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:55:02 am by Fan Railer »