BVEStation

Author Topic: question  (Read 8361 times)

Offline kyz101

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
question
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:20:57 pm »
how do you make a  train go faster for example the old r153 the first version can go very fast .

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 12:57:02 pm »
Not really sure but i dont think you would like a train to go faster because it will be harder to stop. But it also depends on the route and how its sloped. There is actually a newer R153 BETA on the creators site. I am not sure of the link. ask the user blueblitz20.

Offline gmt2001

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:19:52 pm »
openBVE attempts to realistically simulate the acceleration and braking of the trains. You would have to increase the trains acceleration, and probably some other characteristics, to make it go faster.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:56:28 pm »
Train speed depends on several factors-

1) the route you are travelling on may be on a downgrade, therefore increasing the speed of the train as it is being pulled down by gravity
2) the train itself may be faster

as said openbve simulates them realistically...if you want to modify the actual train to be faster, you'd have to edit the Train.dat file using train editor (or manually if you know how to)
if you want to edit the route to make every train go faster, change the @pitch or .pitch value (the lower the negative number, the steeper the hill)