BVEStation

Author Topic: Does the new forum support embedded players for youtube?  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Does the new forum support embedded players for youtube?
« on: December 19, 2013, 11:13:17 pm »
or do we just have to deal with clicking the hyperlinks now?

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does the new forum support embedded players for youtube?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:42:33 am »
Well, there's nothing new with the forum per se, we just upgraded it to a slightly newer version (Think Windows 8 to 8.1, nothing major), and we are using a temporary layout, since the old one was accidentally overwritten by the upgrade.

I always thought we had youtube videos enabled.  After doing a quick check though it appears that the support for it was disabled.  I don't know if it was the forum upgrade that disabled it, (or there was abuse with that feature in the past, I do remember something like this occurring) but we've always had that feature available.  I have re-enabled it and it should be working fine.
BVEStation.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: Does the new forum support embedded players for youtube?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »
Well, there's nothing new with the forum per se, we just upgraded it to a slightly newer version (Think Windows 8 to 8.1, nothing major), and we are using a temporary layout, since the old one was accidentally overwritten by the upgrade.

I always thought we had youtube videos enabled.  After doing a quick check though it appears that the support for it was disabled.  I don't know if it was the forum upgrade that disabled it, (or there was abuse with that feature in the past, I do remember something like this occurring) but we've always had that feature available.  I have re-enabled it and it should be working fine.
I see. Thanks =)