BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) NYCT-A Line Update Thread (Rockaways)  (Read 47041 times)

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: NYCT-A Line Update Thread (Rockaways)
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:31 pm »
Automated announcements and timers in action w4 to High st :
OpenBVE - 8th Ave Activity Pack + R160 Preview (A Line) [W4 to High st]

yes i know i posted it on youtube awhile ago but forgot to add it to this thread .

That's great, but it sounds awkward when the announcements have one background noise while the next one has another one, and therefore sound differently, instead of sounding exactly the same like in real life.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 11:02:02 pm »
Automated announcements and timers in action w4 to High st :
OpenBVE - 8th Ave Activity Pack + R160 Preview (A Line) [W4 to High st]

yes i know i posted it on youtube awhile ago but forgot to add it to this thread .

That's great, but it sounds awkward when the announcements have one background noise while the next one has another one, and therefore sound differently, instead of sounding exactly the same like in real life.

well u know its kinda hard to find an r160 A train in real life lol :P ill see what i can do but it wont sound the same as i used two different recorders to record the announcements .

Offline kawasakir160

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:57 pm »
lol it should say This is a Brooklyn bound (A) express train, instead of Queens bound and then after High St, it should be This is a Queens bound (A) express train

Offline Kriston Lewis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 09:19:19 pm »
That's how the announcements are in real life.

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »
Actually, they fixed that error in one of the recent updates. Proof. Of course, we won't hear them anytime soon, so nobody can record the corrected announcements.  ::)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:50:56 pm by Mr Railfan »

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »
Actually, they fixed that error in one of the recent updates. Proof. Of course, we won't hear them anytime soon, so nobody can record the corrected announcements.  ::)

Thanks for letting me in on the update , if its fixed in the real version then i shall fix it on mine . Plus i might get lucky and find a nice T/O or Conductor that will play the announcement. But anyways ill post a 2006 and an updated 2011 version of the announcements.

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2011, 12:37:00 am »
So, if I am not mistaken, this route will have both an R160 version (with the automated announcements and the 2006 and 2011 versions like Mr Railfan mentioned) and a standard version with conductor-made (non-automated) announcements? And also, it will be the same as what is seen in Mr Railfan's videos (with the cab darkening and TJay's new signals) except it will have the new textures?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:54:43 am by SubwayTrainOperator5 »

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2011, 01:19:32 pm »
So, if I am not mistaken, this route will have both an R160 version (with the automated announcements and the 2006 and 2011 versions like Mr Railfan mentioned) and a standard version with conductor-made (non-automated) announcements? And also, it will be the same as what is seen in Mr Railfan's videos (with the cab darkening and TJay's new signals) except it will have the new textures?

Yes i will be implementing the darkening , automated announcements and Tjays new signals [with a few custom made ones] after the new textures have been implemented by jayjay and Blue18 . Basically after they are done, they will send it to me so i can apply all of the signals , etc.  . Im also thinking of adding in a few weather themes like Rain , Fog , overcast sky and maybe snow. 

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 02:39:42 pm »

Yes i will be implementing the darkening , automated announcements and Tjays new signals [with a few custom made ones] after the new textures have been implemented by jayjay and Blue18 . Basically after they are done, they will send it to me so i can apply all of the signals , etc.  . Im also thinking of adding in a few weather themes like Rain , Fog , overcast sky and maybe snow.

Alright, that sounds good. But one thing I noticed in the videos is that in the train's Operating Screen, there is a route icon corresponding to what route you are driving that train on. Does that change depending on what you set the LED Route displays to?

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2011, 07:30:47 pm »

Alright, that sounds good. But one thing I noticed in the videos is that in the train's Operating Screen, there is a route icon corresponding to what route you are driving that train on. Does that change depending on what you set the LED Route displays to?

That invloves putting in some key commands in the actual trainset and using the keys to change the sign.

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2011, 01:13:54 pm »

yes Railfan you can add that stuff atfer detailing done also their will be 2 versions of A line one will have regular signals and other version will have Tjay's design signals.

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2011, 01:22:29 pm »
Here is pic of the incomplete Mott Av-Far Rockaway Station.

Here is a picture of the Beach 25 St-Wavecrest Station.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:30:13 pm by Blue18 »

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2011, 07:56:18 pm »
Its great the WHOLE route will finally be finished. Awsome ;)
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2011, 08:02:10 pm »
Alright, now we're talking JayJay.  ;)
BVEStation.

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2011, 11:16:13 pm »
We should have the R44/46 done by the time this is done I presume ?