BVEStation

Author Topic: routes show errors  (Read 3994 times)

Offline subwayfreak

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
routes show errors
« on: January 14, 2012, 11:54:41 pm »
Can someone please help me. For the past 2 weeks, I have been using openBVE on my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. Today, I decided to clean out my laptop and removed some cloned files using Advanced system care pro. A whole bunch of things are messed up such as missing engine sounds, parts of the other subway trains being white, and some other unkown stuff. Would anyone know how I can get openbve to work normally again. I hope I did not mess up my laptop by deleting those cloned files. I found a program called Recuva which allow me to retrieve those cloned files that I deleted. Once I recovered my files back, openBVE still showed errors for the subway route. Is there really a way to get my laptop back to acting normally. Right now, OpenBVE and Trainz 2009 are working but with a huge load of errors.

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
  • proud 1999 Kenworth W900B owner(NTC cummins, 10sp)
    • View Profile
Re: routes show errors
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 01:51:32 am »
You prob are gonna have to reinstall it all over :'( I know how you feel as i did that once using a similar program, i learned that the easy way to clean up isn't the best way. If your wondering why even after replacing the files its because (1) the replaced files are clones, turns out great if they are simple files but computer programs usually don't recognize them, just like replacing somebodies child lol
(2) they are prob put back together wrong(corrupt)
(3) just clean a spot for programs like that and keep it clean, that way you don't have to clean it up in the first place. I'm sorry for your loss

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 04:18:22 am »
Yeah, it seems you lost some key files in you process.  You'd probably have to reinstall both programs again.

Offline subwayfreak

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 09:43:53 pm »
I really appreciate the help. I am glad to say that the problem is fixed :). I deleted everything that was on the C: drive and then went to my flash drive and reinstalled it from there. I am so happy to finally be the motorman of the subway again. ;D

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 01:02:58 am »
Sounds good, enjoy.