BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) 7 Line Update Thread  (Read 30351 times)

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Update
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 11:49:05 pm »
Am I blind or there is absolutely no reference in content contributor regarding this 7 line update to contribute to? If so please tell me where, otherwise "go here" leads to dead end tracks, no pun intended.

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 03:05:01 am »
Am I blind or there is absolutely no reference in content contributor regarding this 7 line update to contribute to? If so please tell me where, otherwise "go here" leads to dead end tracks, no pun intended.

http://www.bvestation.com/contributor/index.php

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 12:14:50 pm »
Hey Edwag, I saw your new vids on youtube, so Im guessing you are resuming this project. Best of luck :D
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline PelhamLocal

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2012, 04:40:44 am »
Sweet, i have Southbound announcements from about 52nd to 42nd, if you want. i just need to convert them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:43:07 am by PelhamLocal »

Offline ghosttarin

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 04:21:19 pm »
what is the statue on this route if i may ask

Offline R36 #9346

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 05:35:07 pm »
The statue on this line is one of many wayside signals made by the Union Switch and Signal Company (US&S). When installed, these signals contained an invention that received US Patent #1,453,535, issued May 1, 1923. This fact is actually featured on the back of many signal cases still in use on this line. However, these were recently replaced with LED fixtures.

There are at least two models of US&S signal used on this line. The more common one is still manufactured by its successor, Ansaldo STS USA. This is simply known as the Transit model. Features include 5-inch aspect lenses and a variety of unit configurations.

The other US&S model frequently seen on this line is not manufactured by ASTS, but a similar model is being made. I am calling this model the N3, as the modern ASTS N2 is similar in appearance to it. The N3 has a slightly larger, 6.25-inch aspect diameter and uses one of two lengths of hood, though I have seen one N3 signal on this line that has both hood lengths installed.

Other recent signal installations on the 7 line include wayside signaling by Safetran Systems Corporation.
The newest installation (not yet active, but signals can be seen near the Times Square interlocking) uses signals manufactured by Alstom. These appear to be their AT model, which gets its roots from a model produced by the General Railway Signal Company of Rochester, New York.

This is what happens when you install Portal 2 on an R160 computer.

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 06:34:19 pm »

Lol, I think he meant "status"

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 03:22:26 pm »
The statue on this line is one of many wayside signals made by the Union Switch and Signal Company (US&S). When installed, these signals contained an invention that received US Patent #1,453,535, issued May 1, 1923. This fact is actually featured on the back of many signal cases still in use on this line. However, these were recently replaced with LED fixtures.

There are at least two models of US&S signal used on this line. The more common one is still manufactured by its successor, Ansaldo STS USA. This is simply known as the Transit model. Features include 5-inch aspect lenses and a variety of unit configurations.

The other US&S model frequently seen on this line is not manufactured by ASTS, but a similar model is being made. I am calling this model the N3, as the modern ASTS N2 is similar in appearance to it. The N3 has a slightly larger, 6.25-inch aspect diameter and uses one of two lengths of hood, though I have seen one N3 signal on this line that has both hood lengths installed.

Other recent signal installations on the 7 line include wayside signaling by Safetran Systems Corporation.
The newest installation (not yet active, but signals can be seen near the Times Square interlocking) uses signals manufactured by Alstom. These appear to be their AT model, which gets its roots from a model produced by the General Railway Signal Company of Rochester, New York.

Offline ghosttarin

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 09:51:19 pm »
yeah  i mean status but thank for that info

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »
Updates on the 7 and the rest of the Times Square-bound line will continue in a more consolidated topic to keep updates fluent, here: http://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?topic=81.0

Topic locked.

BStyles