BVEStation

Author Topic: Changing Sounds  (Read 6039 times)

Offline bvestation

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Changing Sounds
« on: December 16, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »
Um, I like want to change the sound on the E line to these  new ones downloaded for OpenBVE, but it  doesn't work, even though i replace it with them. How do you change the sounds for the route?

Offline luckydude

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Sounds
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »
i have

Offline bvestation

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:51:58 pm »
what dso you have?

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 02:30:02 am »
Um, I like want to change the sound on the E line to these  new ones downloaded for OpenBVE, but it  doesn't work, even though i replace it with them. How do you change the sounds for the route?
You have to go into the route file and change the sounds that are commanded for. You can't just overwrite new files into the sound directory and expect them to play unless the sound file titles are exactly the same as the ones you are replacing.

Offline bvestation

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 06:13:47 pm »
no you don't get it. the latest sounds are for the R32, and I want the sounds for the R160. I found thses sounds for R160 on a website and it was for OpenBVE. How can  change these sounds to R160 converted?

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 08:03:55 pm »
That's what he's saying. If you put files in the sound folder but they don't play, you need to change the commands for the sounds to play in the route file, or change the names of all the sound files to exactly the same names as the old files. R32 announcement files and R160 (automated) files just have a difference of being different files, just like if you were to record your own announcements for the route.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline bvestation

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 09:11:48 pm »
ohhh thanks. it worked!

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 10:49:48 pm »
That's what he's saying. If you put files in the sound folder but they don't play, you need to change the commands for the sounds to play in the route file, or change the names of all the sound files to exactly the same names as the old files. R32 announcement files and R160 (automated) files just have a difference of being different files, just like if you were to record your own announcements for the route.
thank you