BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) Official Update Thread for the R62/R62A Exterior/Interior  (Read 160564 times)

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
Re: Official Update Thread for the R62/R62A Exterior/Interior
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2011, 10:42:51 pm »
Actually, I'm taking notes. These are very interesting ideas, guys, keep them coming. Yes, the windows will be transparent, and will have glass.

I'm trying my hardest to get the exterior done by the end of the month. Once it is, I'll send it to Aaron, send him your requests. There will be no fictional rollsigns, no re-routes, and/or media promotions, like music videos. Since this is a real train and I expect it to serve the community....well, basically forever, these are contradictory to the actual model. You're free to do that on your own computer without re-releasing, or claiming the entire exterior as your own, however.

BStyles

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2011, 11:55:19 pm »
Actually, I'm taking notes. These are very interesting ideas, guys, keep them coming. Yes, the windows will be transparent, and will have glass.

I'm trying my hardest to get the exterior done by the end of the month. Once it is, I'll send it to Aaron, send him your requests. There will be no fictional rollsigns, no re-routes, and/or media promotions, like music videos. Since this is a real train and I expect it to serve the community....well, basically forever, these are contradictory to the actual model. You're free to do that on your own computer without re-releasing, or claiming the entire exterior as your own, however.

BStyles

Will that window glass have animated reflections in it? I heard it's possible now, so I'm just asking
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline theflyingoreo

• Global Moderator
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2011, 12:26:41 am »
I'm trying my hardest to get the exterior done by the end of the month. Once it is, I'll send it to Aaron, send him your requests.

As long as you get it done before Glee season 3 starts  :P

Saw a request about LED's on the rollsign, thats a maybe at this stage of time.

Player controlled Headlights and tail lights are only a possibility at this time.

You may add fictional rollsigns in it as I won't be. However as Styles said you are free to do it on your own computer with NO rereleasing.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2011, 02:40:58 pm »
the LED light is separate from the rollsign since it was just an upgrade. There were a bunch of corona sets on the 1 a few months back with the LED lights stuck on (either because they can't be turned off or the crew doesn't know how to)

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2011, 02:34:41 am »
the LED light is separate from the rollsign since it was just an upgrade. There were a bunch of corona sets on the 1 a few months back with the LED lights stuck on (either because they can't be turned off or the crew doesn't know how to)

I actually rode on one of those  :o

The (1), (3), etc trains with an LED on are very surprising because only the (7) normally has it on, but why not make it in OpenBVE always on with the lighting on then? It shouldn't be that hard to implement, I think the easiest way to do it would be to draw it on the exterior itself and use an alpha channel or something to light it up with the main train lighting coming on, or maybe even have the LED be controlled separately with a different key for realism. (So it can be turned on while driving the (7) but left off when driving the 42nd street shuttle or the upcoming (1) or (3) line)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:43:29 am by SubwayTrainOperator5 »

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2011, 06:10:53 am »
Why would it matter its OpenBVE as long as its functional we can operate a 62A on any IRT lines and put the LED on/off.Anyways can't wait for more updates!!

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2011, 04:47:46 am »
Why would it matter its OpenBVE as long as its functional we can operate a 62A on any IRT lines and put the LED on/off.Anyways can't wait for more updates!!

Well, I meant that the LED would be controlled by a separate key, like in real life, we could just set it on or off whenever we want for our own pleasure, instead of being forced to turn off the interior lighting to turn off the LED. In other words, the LED should be controlled sepaately thn the interior lighting IMO.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2011, 09:19:34 am »
Well, I meant that the LED would be controlled by a separate key, like in real life, we could just set it on or off whenever we want for our own pleasure, instead of being forced to turn off the interior lighting to turn off the LED. In other words, the LED should be controlled sepaately thn the interior lighting IMO.
Ok I understand what you mean now. ;)

FYI: For the R-62/A developers I noticed this when riding the R-62's and the 62A's on the (1)(3) and (7) that when they lose power(3rd rail gap) and when they get power again there is this beep sound.That can be implemented and can actually work out like the London Underground 1995 Stock.When the '95 stock goes thru a 3rd rail gap of powerloss the trains interior lights go out and power is loss temporairly therefore the train doesn't take power for a brief second or 2.But then again it won't be a good idea since route coding will have to be modified with that power supply(I think). But if this is considered then that would be cool future routes can feature the 3rd rail gap for more realism.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2011, 11:06:48 am »
third rail gaps have been use for a while in the british routes now...making 3rd rail gaps will have to require input from the route as well to state where the actual gaps are, also the oskari plugin will have to be used if 3rd rail gaps are possible.

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2011, 12:38:52 pm »
IIRC, both the route and train need to have the 3rd rail gap feature implemented for it to work, unless there is a plugin out there which makes only one of them have to have it. But currently if either the route or train don't have it it will just keep going like normal over the gap.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2011, 01:33:38 pm »
Well, it's about time for me to head out. Yes, I'm leaving.

Oh, well, not for good, I'm just going on hiatus for a moment. In the meantime, the projects that this post resides in, or requires my input will be halted until an indefinite date. As much as it pains me to put the projects on halt just as they were making major progress, I have no choice.

For those reading this post and begin to go “oh great, development stopped again” I suggest you step away from the computer screen and find yourself a hobby, or a book, because I do have a personal life. A handful of people know what I’m going to be doing from now, but for the others, you just have to sit tight, and use the latest development pictures as eye candy.

Well, that’s pretty much it. Keep doing what you’re doing, and I’ll be back before you know it. Aaron (RachelBerryFan47) Rayvon, Mr Railfan, and Gong Gahou will continue to keep you updated on the progress of the R62 and R62A.

BStyles
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:37:46 pm by BStyles »

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:36 am »
Ok I understand what you mean now. ;)

FYI: For the R-62/A developers I noticed this when riding the R-62's and the 62A's on the (1)(3) and (7) that when they lose power(3rd rail gap) and when they get power again there is this beep sound.That can be implemented and can actually work out like the London Underground 1995 Stock.When the '95 stock goes thru a 3rd rail gap of powerloss the trains interior lights go out and power is loss temporairly therefore the train doesn't take power for a brief second or 2.But then again it won't be a good idea since route coding will have to be modified with that power supply(I think). But if this is considered then that would be cool future routes can feature the 3rd rail gap for more realism.
I was going to add the beep in version 4 but I realized that it was just the emergency brake cover opening from the shaking.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2011, 06:50:51 pm »
Interesting but does 1 cover set the beep for the entire train or just for the car?

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2011, 01:26:36 pm »
Interesting but does 1 cover set the beep for the entire train or just for the car?

I believe it sets it for just the one car. I'm not 100% sure though, so I'll let someone confirm

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2011, 04:05:52 pm »
it's just one car, or how ever many covers are opened by the shaking