BVEStation

Author Topic: How to make a timetable AM-PM?  (Read 5763 times)

Offline vince_black

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Czech BVE Page
How to make a timetable AM-PM?
« on: August 02, 2012, 10:54:34 am »
Hello,

I enjoyed a new F line with R46 openbve train. I miss arriving times in main stations, so I decide to make a copy of included timetable and create my own one for the real NYCTA timetable. But I found it's problem across the noon - when train has to leave one station for example in 12:55 AM and arrive into second one in 1:02 PM. I got a message I'm about 12 hours late, because my clock (Ctrl+C in openbve) show 13:02 :-) And more - when I'm trying to jump into this second station, I got an error message just like "The function is not support values with floating decimal point". I tried to set openBVE to english language and my computer to English setting (with AM/PM time format), but it didn't help.

And the last question, is anywhere available some utility for making timetables? I think so, but can't remember...

Thanks guys for any help...

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a timetable AM-PM?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 02:26:50 pm »
Is this what you were talking about? http://www.freewebs.com/dennislance/modifying%20existing%20routes.htm

Scroll down to "CHANGING THE DISPLAYED TIMETABLE"

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »
Hello,

I enjoyed a new F line with R46 openbve train. I miss arriving times in main stations, so I decide to make a copy of included timetable and create my own one for the real NYCTA timetable. But I found it's problem across the noon - when train has to leave one station for example in 12:55 AM and arrive into second one in 1:02 PM. I got a message I'm about 12 hours late, because my clock (Ctrl+C in openbve) show 13:02 :-) And more - when I'm trying to jump into this second station, I got an error message just like "The function is not support values with floating decimal point". I tried to set openBVE to english language and my computer to English setting (with AM/PM time format), but it didn't help.

And the last question, is anywhere available some utility for making timetables? I think so, but can't remember...

Thanks guys for any help...

Well openbve works on SI units and Military time as they call it here (even though the rest of the world uses it)

you can set the arrival departure based by:
1pm = 13:00
2pm = 14:00
3pm = 15:00
etc,

also i tried implementing the Real F time table into the route but since the distances are not exact, the time is off - by alot.

hope this helps

Offline vince_black

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Czech BVE Page
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 06:32:55 am »
Is this what you were talking about? http://www.freewebs.com/dennislance/modifying%20existing%20routes.htm

Scroll down to "CHANGING THE DISPLAYED TIMETABLE"

No, that's not what I mean... I mean some utility, where you open route file in some editor, fill fields od arrival and departure time for each station and application will write those data into the route file. This way you don't edit route file in notepad by finding ".sta" command...

Of course, I'm not sure, but I think this application exists.

Offline vince_black

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Czech BVE Page
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 06:39:43 am »

Well openbve works on SI units and Military time as they call it here (even though the rest of the world uses it)

you can set the arrival departure based by:
1pm = 13:00
2pm = 14:00
3pm = 15:00
etc,

also i tried implementing the Real F time table into the route but since the distances are not exact, the time is off - by alot.

hope this helps

Yes, I know about this. But it's not real time format in MTA timetable, how you can see here, for example: http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/tfcur.pdf