BVEStation

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 7312 times)

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:54:44 pm »
You know how you play OpenBve and there's always a train in front of you. Is their anyway to have that train run on one track and my train run on another? Or... to have my train and a static train run side by side on different tracks? Or... Is their any BVE route that has moving static trains?

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:14:51 pm »
I know what you're talking thats WIP(Work in Progress) I think Pacific showed it a train running beside your train for a brief moment.Kind of like ex 1 train is leaving 18th St and a (2) is bypasing 18th.

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:18:17 pm »
This has been mentioned before, and Pacific was experimenting on that kind of coding. Yes, it is possible, but there's a catch - the static train only moves in a straight direction, so this kind of coding is not practical for anything but straight and level routes. NYCT routes, as well as any realistic route, have varying degrees of elevation, so it would be pointless to implement unless the entire route did not have dips and hills. Also, the static train will not turn on curves.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:30:04 pm by Gong Gahou »
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »
Is their any bve route out there with moving static trains?

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 09:22:45 pm »
I doubt this coding works with BVE, so I guess no. But maybe Pacific can give you a better answer from his experience on this coding.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 04:16:02 pm »
You know how you play OpenBve and there's always a train in front of you. Is their anyway to have that train run on one track and my train run on another? Or... to have my train and a static train run side by side on different tracks? Or... Is their any BVE route that has moving static trains?
No. That train in front of you is called the AI Train, that train is supposed to be in front of you to simulate real service. You can not re-locate that train. However, you can have your train and the static train run side by side or in opposite directions. At the time, I believe that there is a route that does have the static trains (by Anthony Bowden)

This has been mentioned before, and Pacific was experimenting on that kind of coding. Yes, it is possible, but there's a catch - the static train only moves in a straight direction, so this kind of coding is not practical for anything but straight and level routes. NYCT routes, as well as any realistic route, have varying degrees of elevation, so it would be pointless to implement unless the entire route did not have dips and hills. Also, the static train will not turn on curves.
I am looking into how to make the train run on curves. Although I heard it isn't possible.

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »
What is this route that Anthony Made.

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 06:38:20 pm »
I am looking into how to make the train run on curves. Although I heard it isn't possible.
Yep, I know. It would be a major breakthrough if you can make static trains turn on curves. But it might very well be impossible since theflyingoreo and michelle confirmed that to be true.

Offline theflyingoreo

• Global Moderator
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 08:13:05 pm »
The new Network West Midlands route features moving passing trains

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 01:36:14 pm »
Do you know the download link?

Offline theflyingoreo

• Global Moderator
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 08:06:31 pm »
NWM has been taken offline so no.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 11:44:14 pm »
IIRC, Error46146 was working on a new Franklin Avenue Shuttle that featured animated passing trains; he even posted a video of it on YouTube. I do not know what is going on with it now, since there has not been any updates for it in quite a while now.
Signature Removed (dead link)