BVEStation

Author Topic: OpenBOS  (Read 7762 times)

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
  • FAA Licensed Student Pilot
    • View Profile
OpenBOS
« on: July 27, 2015, 06:34:27 am »
So I've made this announcement on other sites and forums, but I think it's time for me to put it here. OpenBOS is an open source bus simulator being worked on by myself and another developer. It uses the same source as OpenBVE (which is being slightly edited), and utilizes various plugins to allow bus operation. The program modification is still underway. With the default OpenBVE compatibility settings, we are able to create a bus that steers in either direction and can go forward and backward. We are working on curve resistance (so that you have to steer the bus around curves), and creating a fleet of buses to be included with the beta of the game. A fictional route is in the works, on top of the M86 and M96 which have already been created. The default program will include and Orion VII, D60HF, and MCI D4500. The Orion VII and D60HF are both still a WIP, but the MCI has completed exteriors completed in MTA, Coach USA, and Greyhound liveries. The buses are also being created in such a way that repainting buses and creating new buses is very simple copying and pasting of images. The program is not yet ready for a beta, but an announcement will be made when it is. There has been a lot of progress since the creation of this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfYM40ciabQ[/youtube]

Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the picture above!

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
OpenBOS Project Page
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:36:36 pm »
A new OpenBOS project page has been created to showcase development. Enjoy =)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/OpenBos-by-ITEA/962323140493957

Offline PelhamLocal

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: OpenBOS
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 04:01:07 pm »
WOW Awesome!

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 06:22:52 pm »

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:27:33 am »
The website has been posted at http://adf.ly/1P5yRn. There is no content up for download, as all of our pages are currently being worked on. If a page reverts back to the home, it will be opened to the public soon. Notice the screenshot page to see some of our latest work! Full videos will be uploaded as soon as our physics updates are complete. Enjoy =)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:30:10 am by mrsam127 »