BVEStation

Author Topic: BVEStation remembers: September 11th 2001  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
BVEStation remembers: September 11th 2001
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:01:24 pm »
11 years ago, on a beautiful Tuesday morning, America was attacked by terrorists. A very tragic event that took place in New York City's World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and Shanksville Pennsylvania. For lack of time and creativity, I will include the same post I made last year.

Eleven years ago, on a beautiful September morning, a series of tragic events took place against our nation. On the morning of September 11th of 2001, four airliners were hijacked. Two hit the World Trade Center, one hit the Pentagon, and another one crashed in Pennsylvania. The flights were American Airlines flight 11 which hit the north tower of the World Trace Center, United Airlines flight 175 which hit the south tower of the World Trade Center, United Airlines flight 93 which crashed in Pennsylvania, and American Airlines flight 77 which hit the Pentagon. About 3000 people were murdered that day. People who were just going to work like everyone else. America has and still is suffering from the attacks. Firemen and other personnel went into those burning buildings, knowing that they might not make it out alive, and they still did it. A lot went into the Trade Center that day, but not a lot made it out. That to me, is true heroism and bravery. We remember 9/11. Never forget.

Rest in peace.
-Jose.

Gone, but not forgotten.
Rest in peace.
-Jose.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:48:16 pm by ipac »
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: BVEStation remember: September 11th 2001
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:08:36 pm »
I highly suggest watching this video. Untold hero's from that day. Amazing how when in a time of chaos and panic, people still tried to help each other.

BOATLIFT - An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience (HD Version)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: BVEStation remembers: September 11th 2001
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:59:58 pm »
Very touching and inspirational video.  Thanks for the share.
BVEStation.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Re: BVEStation remembers: September 11th 2001
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:46:03 pm »
Definitely something worth watching. Usually it's one person or a group of people who are the "heroes," but in this case it's just everyone helping everyone.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator