BVEStation

Author Topic: Animations in Open BVE  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Blue Comet

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Animations in Open BVE
« on: March 05, 2014, 08:42:59 am »
Having been out of touch with BVE for a while I have been astonished by the excellent animations that are now available. There is a YouTube page by Anthony Bowden at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtITwxTWLyM 'Animated Objects Cross City South....'which is well worth a look.

The Cross City South route was originally in BVE2 and I actually used the real Northern section to commute. One dark evening I took the fast express home but when getting off I didn't realise that the long train was short of the platform by two coaches. I jumped down rather clumsily and limped my way up platform ramp to be greeted by the guard who told me that all I had to do was to wave out of the window and he would have the driver pull forward for me!

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animations in Open BVE
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:49:09 pm »
It is definitely a fantastic view to get animations in the game.  Unfortunately, I haven't really seen or heard progress on this newer version of the Cross City route.

On the other hand, the developers working on content here, are actively using animated objects as much as they can.  So we will get closer to a high quality paid train simulator as freeware very soon.  8)
BVEStation.