BVE > Content Development

Grade Time Signals and Trip

(1/3) > >>

waterburn:
Anyone know how you can make a grade time signal for openbve that will clear depending on the speed and not distance? I've played around
with TJay's signal pack: http://bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=61. But it seems if you go above the speed it will still clear? Also would it be possible to
make a custom animated signal actually trip the train when it still is red? If so how would I go about doing that. I am trying to add grade time signals on
the Toronto Subway BVE route. The signal flashes when it is about to time out - would that be possible to implement?

Mr Railfan:

--- Quote from: waterburn on August 11, 2012, 02:22:48 pm ---Anyone know how you can make a grade time signal for openbve that will clear depending on the speed and not distance? I've played around
with TJay's signal pack: http://bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=61. But it seems if you go above the speed it will still clear? Also would it be possible to
make a custom animated signal actually trip the train when it still is red? If so how would I go about doing that. I am trying to add grade time signals on
the Toronto Subway BVE route. The signal flashes when it is about to time out - would that be possible to implement?

--- End quote ---

This is what i have been doing on the new F version 5 i am soon to release. I cant find a way to make the train trip over the signal but i have created signals that only clear if you are doing 20 , 30 etc. I have also created a wheel detector signal that flashes when you approach it , then glows a solid white once you are driving the proper speed.

waterburn:
Will be looking out for the release!

Is it possible to time any speed like 25 or 45. Also is it possible to make it flash in the last 5 seconds or something?

TJay1724:
The reason why most of you think the signals clear at higher speeds is because a full clear is at green, not yellow. I designed the signals to clear from red to yellow to green. Like most timers in the subway. I did leave out quite a few timers of which Mr Railfan is working on. For example, one of my signals clears to green if you approach at 12-15 mph. It will go to yellow then full green if you approach at that speed. I have seen vids posted where people think they are clearing at higher speeds. But if you notice, the signal is on yellow when they do. Not green. I tested these signals extensively when I designed them. If you operate properly, you will clear correctly. I also have signals that clear at 30 mph. Those are primarily used in the underwater tubes. Many people are most likely using those. The reason why you don't trip if you pass a red signal is because the SigF command works in conjunction with a beacon command. However, I still cannot get that to work so you will trip when you pass a red signal. Hope this clarifies things for people.

waterburn:
Yes I figured that out. But it clears at a certain distance from the signal? And would it be possible for the signal to time down when it
is about to clear like the Toronto subway grade time signals by flashing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version