BVEStation

Author Topic: Computers and graphic cards  (Read 13391 times)

Offline Subway4832

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Computers and graphic cards
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:17:54 am »
Hey everyone, I am currently in search of a computer or laptop with a good graphics card to run BVE at a GOOD amount of frames per second, mostly above 30 up to the hundreds. Something that won't lag even with the high quality routes. The Grpahics cards that I'm wondering are good are the Nvidia Geforce GT730M, Nvidia Geforce GTX660 and the Nvidia Geforce 9600M and will they run bve at a good frame rate, these are the laptops with them http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-20994CU-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0082PRC1U/ref=sr_1_19?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1383333235&sr=1-19&keywords=Nvidia+geforce+laptop

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3-771G-6814-17-3-Inch-Midnight/dp/B00D3F9HT4/ref=psdc1_t2_B00DKFFFXO_B00D3F9HT4

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-HDX16-1140US-16-0-Inch-Laptop/dp/B001NPDKTO/ref=sr_1_146?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1383333983&sr=1-146&keywords=Nvidia+geforce+laptop

Thanks everyone!.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
Re: Computers and graphic cards
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 11:37:07 am »
Wrong section :P
http://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?board=24.0

But I'll answer your question anyways. Ideally, you would get a desktop to play games. However, if for whatever reason, you're intent on a laptop, definitely get the one in the first link. The last one you listed is a definite no.  The second one is OK, but with a weaker GPU and CPU and a higher price tag, it's definitely not worth it.

Just to reiterate though, a desktop would be ideal.

Offline Subway4832

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:10:33 pm »
Ok, thanks, and sorry about posting it in this section, I'm a newbie so, yeah, and by the way, will the first laptop run bve at above 30 or 25 fps with the routes, it has an nvidia geforce GTX660M it has 2.40 ghz and a lot of memory with an I7 core processor

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:54:50 pm »
Ok, thanks, and sorry about posting it in this section, I'm a newbie so, yeah, and by the way, will the first laptop run bve at above 30 or 25 fps with the routes, it has an nvidia geforce GTX660M it has 2.40 ghz and a lot of memory with an I7 core processor
It should. Depending on the route and train combination, you should get a decent frame rate.

Offline Subway4832

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 10:02:20 pm »
Well, lets say the R160 on pretty much all the b division routes, and the R142A with the new lots pack, the 2, and the 7 line. I'm not gonna be using the R46 for some due to the exterior view.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 10:58:09 pm »
Well, lets say the R160 on pretty much all the b division routes, and the R142A with the new lots pack, the 2, and the 7 line. I'm not gonna be using the R46 for some due to the exterior view.

Yes, you should get a good frame rate. Route/texture/object quality shouldn't affect anything too much, it's more the train exteriors that can be a problem especially if you run them on high quality routes.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »
Interior views will run pretty well. Most exteriors will run well. As for the R46 exterior as well as future 3D Exteriors, I can't really guarantee anything.

Offline Subway4832

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »
Oh ok, how would it perform on the high quality routes, but like I said, with an R160 or R42 for example

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 07:40:12 pm »
Oh ok, how would it perform on the high quality routes, but like I said, with an R160 or R42 for example

Should work pretty well as I stated.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 08:52:27 pm »
You should be fine.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:17:31 pm by YankeesPwnMets »

Offline Subway4832

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 08:01:06 pm »
Cool, now some graphics cards are a factor here also, so I was wondering would the nvidia geforce GT645M, GT730M, and the Nvidia Geforce GT555M-GT745M cards run with bve, with a good frame rate even with the high quality routes as well.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:45 pm »
Cool, now some graphics cards are a factor here also, so I was wondering would the nvidia geforce GT645M, GT730M, and the Nvidia Geforce GT555M-GT745M cards run with bve, with a good frame rate even with the high quality routes as well.

Should work very nicely. I have a GT420 and can run any route and train flawlessly. But the graphics card is not everything. You must also have a good processor (preferably Intel Core i5 or higher for any route and train) and a good amount of RAM (at least 6 GB).

Offline Subway4832

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 01:28:27 pm »
Nice!!!! What laptop do you have???? By the way, what fps do you get on most of your routes??

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 06:27:32 pm »
Nice!!!! What laptop do you have???? By the way, what fps do you get on most of your routes??

I have a desktop PC. And I average around 60-80 FPS for the high quality routes (such as the recently released (N) route), and for any older route I get FPS in the 100's.

Offline Subway4832

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 06:29:40 pm »
Oh that's pretty neat, do you have a specific model laptop or is it custom?