BVEStation

Author Topic: What is the Next Subway Train On The Elimination List?  (Read 35956 times)

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Next Subway Train On The Elimination List?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 05:05:43 pm »
in terms of the B and Q can't the <Q> train be brought back or make the B local and make a <B> train as for broadway service isn't there already
broadway transfers that are available
What would be the point of the <Q>? If you're in a rush to get somewhere from Brighton to Bway, take the (B) to Atlantic and get a (N) or (Q).

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 07:45:36 pm »
There is no point anymore for a diamond route on the Brighton.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 09:38:55 am »
okay how about this?
(G) Extened To Coney Island Via Cluver Lcl While The (F) Is Starting To Run Via Cluver Super Express

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:01 am »
Wait i just Thought of something how come the station West 8th St (F)(Q) Is Ny Auraqruim? It Should Be West 8th St-Luna Park

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2011, 01:44:32 pm »
the B did run on the Broadway line for a while during the late 80s..there's a reason why they didn't keep it like that lol

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 03:46:01 pm »
Wait i just Thought of something how come the station West 8th St (F)(Q) Is Ny Auraqruim? It Should Be West 8th St-Luna Park

It's because two of the entrance's leads directly to the aquarium. One leads to the F level and the other to the Q level. Besides its like right across the street from the aquarium anyway.
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 09:54:32 am »
the B did run on the Broadway line for a while during the late 80s..there's a reason why they didn't keep it like that lol

It's the same reason the (W) was truncated to Whitehall St in 2004. After the north tracks of the Manhattan Bridge reopened, riders wanted their Sixth Avenue service back, not Broadway.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 12:20:05 pm »
The (B) should run 24/7 as agreed by all. The thing is I doubt any lines would be eliminated I mean look at the current state we are in. They removed the (V) and (W) and now we are getting the (T). I personally think that the (W) should come back due to the fact that the (Q) will no longer be in Astoria. Secondly the (R) and (W) should be based out of 95th Street - Bay Ridge and have the (W) go back to Astoria. The (N) should be Broadway Express. That way the service would be faster and everyone isnt scrambling at 14th Street for a damn (Q) train. Instead of terminating the (B) late nights just have them run out of 145th until the 6am to 9pm rush when the (D) is express towards Manhattan from 205th Street. However, in the evening the (D) should have West End express service towards Manhattan since people usually go out at night. My opinion.

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 01:21:25 pm »
I don't think the (B) needs 24/7 service. The (A), (D) and (Q) are plenty good by themselves during the overnight hours. Now, what they could do is have the (B) run to 145 St evenings at its current midday schedule and limited service (every 15-20 minutes) on weekends for riders who want Sixth Avenue service from Brighton and vice-versa. Of course, this is just an idea I'm throwing out there and I'm well aware of the agency's financial constraints. Please don't point that out.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 03:19:04 pm »
I don't think the (B) needs 24/7 service. The (A), (D) and (Q) are plenty good by themselves during the overnight hours. Now, what they could do is have the (B) run to 145 St evenings at its current midday schedule and limited service (every 15-20 minutes) on weekends for riders who want Sixth Avenue service from Brighton and vice-versa. Of course, this is just an idea I'm throwing out there and I'm well aware of the agency's financial constraints. Please don't point that out.

i agree with lance , i believe that the B isnt required 24/7
but it is needed as an express on the weekends on the Brighton line. so my idea is to run it all week and not run it late nights .

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 05:11:46 pm »
As a frequent Brighton rider, I don't really feel the need for the express on weekends actually.  Weekdays, we definitely need it.  It's packed train after packed train.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2011, 09:14:49 pm »
As a frequent Brighton rider, I don't really feel the need for the express on weekends actually.  Weekdays, we definitely need it.  It's packed train after packed train.

Exactly and who would want the fastest way to get to Manhattan or Brighton Beach because they both are major Points of Intrests especially Herald Square, Harlem & Brighton Beach.

Offline jagenigma

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 02:45:01 am »
the B train is now back as Brighton Express for those who care and the Q will remain local

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 01:05:49 pm »
the B train is now back as Brighton Express for those who care and the Q will remain local

We have been knowing this, for at least 2 weeks before hand.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 06:49:14 pm »
I personally think the (B) should operate for a longer period of time serving the Bronx more.Before I moved upstate I rode the (B) to and from school everyday for a few years and I must say cutting the (B) at 7 or so to 145th is not good because IF you ride the (D) past 8 or 9 maybe even 10pm the trains are packed up the ass(not including Yankee game passengers) the majority people get off at 167th,Fordham,Kingsbridge and after that it's fairly empty.If that doesn't work maybe extra (D) service would be good.
(B) service should cut back in the AM around 8:30 the last train out BP is 8:58 I think.
For the PM the last train that to the Bronx arrived at 145th usually around 7:10 I think.It should serve the Bronx till at least 8 or 9 having the (D) exp or possible having the last 3 (B)'s run exp then they can deadhead and re-enter service at 145th.
24/7 isn't needed but definately longer hours are needed for the PM rush(I didn't say the AM rush because the Concourse riders have no consideration of the (B) it's empty from BP to 174th) and the (B) beat the (D) to 145th usually 125th and sometimes to 59th b\c the (A).