BVEStation

Author Topic: What is the Next Subway Train On The Elimination List?  (Read 35959 times)

Offline ARome

• Operator
  • One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Next Subway Train On The Elimination List?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:41 pm »
Okay, I see your points, and it would be better if the MTA ran the B 24/7 as opposed to how limited it already runs but it should run all the way to Norwood 205th Street local and D service should be Express in the Bronx, but do you agree with my A and C train plan?

The (D) only runs EXP at Peak hours, plus its not a 4 track it's a 3 track, The B can go to 168 or Bedford Park Blvd, the B already ran 24/7 back in the day it wouldn't be a problem but think moneywise.

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 05:07:50 pm »
Okay, I see your points, and it would be better if the MTA ran the B 24/7 as opposed to how limited it already runs but it should run all the way to Norwood 205th Street local and D service should be Express in the Bronx, but do you agree with my A and C train plan?

The (D) only runs EXP at Peak hours, plus its not a 4 track it's a 3 track, The B can go to 168 or Bedford Park Blvd, the B already ran 24/7 back in the day it wouldn't be a problem but think moneywise.

Since when does the D use the EXP track? all i see is a bunch of R trains heading towards the yard or going into service. the B and D are fine the way they are, since Brighton Express is coming back the B has no problems whatsoever. what really needs to get improved is the 4 Ave line and Broadway line. The R is a long ass line and in terms of headways, they pretty suck. what i really think needs to get done is the SAS complete up to 96 St.  Have the Q extend up there, and Bring back the W from Astoria to 95 St via the R. and have the N run EXP again via Broadway. that way less crowding in Manhattan and Brooklyn and a extra local in Brooklyn as well for people who rely on he R so much.
Formally Known as tvega961

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 05:53:56 pm »

I completely agree with you about running the B 24/7. The B line is pretty much the only line that provides a swift, quick, and efficient ride to and from South Brooklyn. It can save almost 15 minutes off a trip. If the MTA had the resources, running the B 24/7 or at least 18/7 would greatly benefit the quality of life in South Brooklyn.

However both the B and the D can not terminate at 205th Street because there is not enough capacity there to turn around 2 full service lines.

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
  • Hauling ass, one train at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 06:47:30 pm »
The 1 will be extended to Miami, 2 to Philly, 3 to hell, 4 to Quebec, 5 to Toronto, 6 to LA, 7 to the Bahamas, 8 to Europe, 9 to Asia, 10 to south america, and 11 to africa.
This is what it is now in 3000, there are no such things as bmt/ind.
Well, guess I'm back.
FYI: Known as Casey Stengel.

Offline ARome

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 08:26:42 pm »
The 1 will be extended to Miami, 2 to Philly, 3 to hell, 4 to Quebec, 5 to Toronto, 6 to LA, 7 to the Bahamas, 8 to Europe, 9 to Asia, 10 to south america, and 11 to africa.
-_- smh...

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
  • Hauling ass, one train at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 09:35:14 pm »
-_- smh...

....you can say that to this thread...
Well, guess I'm back.
FYI: Known as Casey Stengel.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 09:44:17 pm »

I do agree that the thread went over board here and there, but this post totally killed it.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 11:07:56 pm »

I do agree that the thread went over board here and there, but this post totally killed it.
Yeah that attempted joke pretty much killed it...

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 11:40:53 pm »
I agree. It was a LITTLE funny at first, but it is not funny anymore.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:43:13 pm by SubwayTrainOperator5 »
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline ARome

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 01:25:57 am »

Yeah that attempted joke pretty much killed it...
mhm...

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 04:32:12 am »
from a realistic point of view:

Potential Candidates that can be removed:
(Q) - the N train serves all of it's stations, basically

(Z) - the J train serves all of it's stations, basically

(D) - shares same terminal as the B in the Bronx and Manhattan. the G, if trackage permits, can take over the D in brooklyn, as it will not be possible through the B.

Potential candidates that CAN face a reroute:
(A) - can be permanently assigned a single terminal, either Lefferts blvd, Rockaway Park, or Far Rockaway, rather than 3

(B) - should the current Q be eliminated, the B can terminate in Coney Island.

(C) - can be extended from Euclid ave, to either Lefferts blvd, Rockaway Park, or Far Rockaway. Late nights, it can run as a shuttle from Euclid Ave, instead of it's current Manhattan Terminal.

(4) and (5) - can permanently terminate at Bowling Green, as a cost saving measure, rather than Brooklyn, with the (2) and (3) retaining these Brooklyn terminals.

Rockaway (S) - should the A or C terminate in Far Rockaway (the other terminating in Lefferts Blvd), it can run as a full-time shuttle. it can also be re-lettered as it's fomer H letter, or as a K, respectively.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:43:53 am by NYZ3R0DAY »

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 06:34:57 am »
You can't take the (Q) out, you can't replace the (Q) with having the (B) running local.  My side of Brooklyn will have a war after that.  Brighton riders need that express, we don't like having the local from Sheepshead Bay to Prospect, it's bad enough we have both trains running local all the way up because of the renovations. (They've reopened Ave M and Ave H for those who doesn't know.)

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:28 am »
You can't take the (Q) out, you can't replace the (Q) with having the (B) running local.  My side of Brooklyn will have a war after that.  Brighton riders need that express, we don't like having the local from Sheepshead Bay to Prospect, it's bad enough we have both trains running local all the way up because of the renovations. (They've reopened Ave M and Ave H for those who doesn't know.)

yeah, just saying what could be possibly removed, not that it will be eliminated. i mean pretty much the current (Q) replaces the (W)

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 01:37:25 pm »
The (B)(Q) could never possibly be removed, the only ways they can be removed is if there is another service that would take it's place.  Like I've said many times in this thread, you definitely need a weekday express service in Brighton, maybe not so much a weekend, but definitely a weekday service.  Plus you definitely need a Broadway/6th Service in that section.

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 05:04:02 pm »
in terms of the B and Q can't the <Q> train be brought back or make the B local and make a <B> train as for broadway service isn't there already
broadway transfers that are available