BVEStation

Author Topic: R62A Cobra Download  (Read 9682 times)

Offline CTAredlineNYCTace

• New Recruit
  • Future New York City Transit Authority Employee
    • View Profile
R62A Cobra Download
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:59:20 am »
Can anyone tell me where to get the R62A cobra file for OpenBVE from? I'm tired of trying to find thread on it and the one that's on the downloads page is just the cab version i-e bve 2 and 4 versions. I have been searching for a couple of days now. I've become a little bit irritated,but I'm cool though.Lol. Can anyone offer a little bit of help please?
R.I.P. ST.LOUIS CAR CO. 6000/1-50 (CTA) > PULLMAN STANDARD 2000(CTA) > R36 ST.LOUIS CAR CO GSI,8570-9769(MTA). They all are dearly missed :"(

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: R62A Cobra Download
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:17:13 am »
Also please do not ask me to go to media fire because the file is corrupt on that site.
R.I.P. ST.LOUIS CAR CO. 6000/1-50 (CTA) > PULLMAN STANDARD 2000(CTA) > R36 ST.LOUIS CAR CO GSI,8570-9769(MTA). They all are dearly missed :"(

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:44:17 am »
The mediafire link works well, I was able to download and install it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gmwtn3towmr

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:55:08 am »
The link worked for me as well, I just used winebottler on my mac...

Maybe you need a 7zip... I think this train should go up here on BVEStation. It just needs a proper cab and animated doors/rollsigns, and it'd be perfect.

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 01:21:25 pm »
I've heard from a friend of mine that it works for him too but for me both of my virus protection apps red-flag the downloaad,saying the file is corrupt in some way or another. It just doesn't make any sense to me either. That's why i figured you guys may have had some insight on why this  is happening. I thought it maybe from my own error somewhere but then I thought how could I go wrong with a self installing file,but I guess I may have botched this one too. Lol :-[

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »
I've heard from a friend of mine that it works for him too but for me both of my virus protection apps red-flag the downloaad,saying the file is corrupt in some way or another. It just doesn't make any sense to me either. That's why i figured you guys may have had some insight on why this  is happening. I thought it maybe from my own error somewhere but then I thought how could I go wrong with a self installing file,but I guess I may have botched this one too. Lol :-[
Well, when you go to download it, you can temporarily disable both apps then go to download and install the file. Then delete the .exe file by left clicking on the file once then pressing SHIFT+Delete to delete it permenantly (so the virus apps won't pick it up in your recycle bin). Then re-enable both apps. See if that works

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 06:33:40 pm »
Thank you. I have been searching for that train for about a million years now.

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:22 pm »
Well, when you go to download it, you can temporarily disable both apps then go to download and install the file. Then delete the .exe file by left clicking on the file once then pressing SHIFT+Delete to delete it permenantly (so the virus apps won't pick it up in your recycle bin). Then re-enable both apps. See if that works
    It's just a little too complicated for me to disable both avira and nortons.smh. Sorry i'm a little embarassed to say that. Still,is there any way you guys can post it to a thread on this site without the exe file? That would make this task a whole lot easier. I really do want this train because I feel the fleet just isn't complete without it. Well that and the R46 which I'm about to try and download again after I upgrade the openbve app. I have a GeForce 8400 graphics card so the R46 should work after the upgrade right guys? Pacific, I believe you already gave me some advice on that lastweek sometime. Sometimes I wish I knew as much as you guys then I could be helping on some of these projects. Just let me get back to New York permenatly and maybe some or one of you guys can show me.

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:49:16 pm »
....And guess what guys? The R46 download didn't work either. Smh. I'm having such a hard time completing these two task. Is there anymore assistance available out there?

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:57 pm »
You might have a false positive. Norton can be a pain to disable, but Avira isn't. Why do you have two antivirus programs running at the same time?
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 08:37:20 pm »
It's a long story. Lol. I'll have to explain later. Anywhoo, I may have downloaded the update to OpenBve wrong so I will try that again and see how that goes. The first time I installed OpenBVE I had the help of Error. Oh God, please let him be merciful and bless me with his help again. Lbs.;)