BVEStation

Author Topic: New NYCT Objects Pack  (Read 77734 times)

Offline TJay1724

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: New NYCT Objects Pack
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 01:40:23 pm »
With BVE 2/4, more than likely but it shouldn't be by much. I've eliminated all unnecessary faces from my objects for that reason. With openBVE, not at all. I am still achieving 60 fps with these objects.

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 03:19:10 pm »
Just a quick peek. First object pack nearing completion. Coming soon!!!

New OpenCut
New UnderwaterTube
New Ballast Rail
New Tunnel Wall w/Florescent Lights

That is wicked!
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 10:56:54 pm »
Tjay your objects look hot

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 11:12:41 pm »
TJay, you're killing it! Keep at it!
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline TJay1724

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 02:31:19 pm »
Just a quick update. I have just 2 more objects to go and the pack should be released by the end of this week. I had a little scare a few days ago when my development system wouldn't load and I couldn't get to the pack, but now all is fine and I have the pack backed up in 7 different places and my development system is working again. I was thinking about putting together a little demo route showcasing the objects and the custom signals with timers. What do you guys think?

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2011, 02:45:33 pm »
Just a quick update. I have just 2 more objects to go and the pack should be released by the end of this week. I had a little scare a few days ago when my development system wouldn't load and I couldn't get to the pack, but now all is fine and I have the pack backed up in 7 different places and my development system is working again. I was thinking about putting together a little demo route showcasing the objects and the custom signals with timers. What do you guys think?
Wow,smart guy for backing up stuff in 7 places.I think the demo would be nice b\c new developers may be confused since this is kind of new.

Offline Lexington456

• New Recruit
  • Long Live the Lex
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2011, 03:14:29 pm »
Just to say, I desire to use every object possible to develop the 6

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:50 pm »
Just to say, I desire to use every object possible to develop the 6
When you get to the timer stage I'll tell you the exact locations to place them.

Offline TJay1724

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2011, 03:29:25 pm »
<4>Express you are right. There will be some confusion, but I will include all necessary documentation and instructions on how to use the signals and timers. But I will go ahead and develop a demo route for that purpose as well.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »
I'd say a little demo route would be great. Just like Lex, I plan on using this for the L as well...
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2011, 03:39:27 pm »
I'd say a little demo route would be great. Just like Lex, I plan on using this for the L as well...
I got some stations walls for you but I'm going to send it all in 1 pack probably next month.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2011, 04:03:03 pm »

How would these timers work?

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2011, 04:15:03 pm »
I got some stations walls for you but I'm going to send it all in 1 pack probably next month.
Alright, thanks.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline TJay1724

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »
Basically they work on a delay in conjunction with the length before it.  For example, the timers in the file by default is five seconds and the timer will start when the train reaches 40 meters before the signal. I have it set at 40 meters. So when your train gets to the 40 meter mark before the signal, your trains speed should be around 14-20 mph. Once the timer expires, the signal will turn from red to yellow, then to green. If you time it right and have your speed adjusted accordingly, the timer will clear to green just before you pass it. There is no penalty for passing at red as openBVE only sees this as an animated object and does not recognize it as a signal, though it is placed with a signal command and functions as a signal.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2011, 04:34:17 pm »
Basically they work on a delay in conjunction with the length before it.  For example, the timers in the file by default is five seconds and the timer will start when the train reaches 40 meters before the signal. I have it set at 40 meters. So when your train gets to the 40 meter mark before the signal, your trains speed should be around 14-20 mph. Once the timer expires, the signal will turn from red to yellow, then to green. If you time it right and have your speed adjusted accordingly, the timer will clear to green just before you pass it. There is no penalty for passing at red as openBVE only sees this as an animated object and does not recognize it as a signal, though it is placed with a signal command and functions as a signal.
Question. Could you have it setup for different speeds? Also, there is a way, but the train also has to have a plugin, which the R38 has, to trip the train if it passes a red.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator