BVEStation

Author Topic: How'd R160's Look on the (B)  (Read 20347 times)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: How'd R160's Look on the (B)
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »
Source of this please.
Go to that community and take a survey and tell me.Or an easier way go to 71 Av and ask them in the tower there.Cool people there and respectful.
Pretty good income right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Gardens,_Queens

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 05:48:11 pm »
While political pull does have a slight affect on rolling stock placement, it really doesn't have much of an affect on things in the long run when efficiency needs and other factors are added in.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 06:15:30 pm »
The R160s went to the (E) because the line has a lot more passengers than the (A) and (C) lines. Get over it. It's not some sort of conspiracy against the (A) and (C) line riders, just a shortage of newer, better cars.
The (A) alone has the MOST ridership out of all the lines.So (A)+(C) beats out (E). (A) even beats out (E) alone.

No it doesn't. The Lexington Avenue Lines alone, are the busiest in the country.

well I heard this motto growin up and matches what you just said people will always complain about something
They're a community who thinks they're better than other African-American/Black communities and people say they act white b\c of the way they live(more on the rich side).I guarantee you if it wasn't for them the 160's probably even wouldn't be on the Queens Blvd.They probably got jealous b\c they saw the (A) had 160 Test trains back in '06 and they thought they deserved them instead of the workhorses 32's.

This was a stupid, ignorant, unbiased opinion that has nothing to do with the topic. If you feel that you're being profiled then you shouldn't be riding the subway in the first place.

MTA put R160's on the E, to fill the gap in the number of trains on the A and C lines, when the R38's were scrapped. That could be true or not, but it sounds more logical than what you said.

While political pull does have a slight affect on rolling stock placement, it really doesn't have much of an affect on things in the long run when efficiency needs and other factors are added in.

Not necessarily. There's a reason why there aren't R160's on the A, B, C, or D, but you can see them on a normal basis, on other lines.

BStyles

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 06:21:11 pm »
No it doesn't. The Lexington Avenue Lines alone, are the busiest in the country.
BStyles
Excuse me,I meant the (A) train solo line has the MOST ridership out of any other solo line in the system.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »
@4 Express ;; I've personally worked along 71st Ave and have relatives and friends that live in that community.  Majority of the family, friends and co-workers that I've known give 2 shits on what trains they really get.  So in your response, I rather take BStyles' response over yours in terms of it's logic.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 06:25:19 pm »
@4 Express ;; I've personally worked along 71st Ave and have relatives and friends that live in that community.  Majority of the family, friends and co-workers that I've known give 2 shits on what trains they really get.  So in your response, I rather take BStyles' response over yours in terms of it's logic.
I was not talking about the Forrest Hills community I was talking about the T/A workers.But this has nothing to do with the (B) so I'mma get back on topic and not post in this anymore.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 06:30:43 pm »
BStyles
Excuse me,I meant the (A) train solo line has the MOST ridership out of any other solo line in the system.

That doesn't make a difference. Either the (4), (5), or (6), have higher ridership, which is why I said the Lexington lines. If we were talking about mileage, then yes, the (A) wins hands down. The area in which the 4 serves is more crucial than the west side, and until some part of the Second Avenue Subway is completed then its gonna look like that for the next few years.

Getting back to the B: You're gonna get lucky off of G.O.'s and battery runs, but until Concourse Yard approves the R160's then they're not going  to be running anytime soon.

BStyles
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:34:06 pm by BStyles »