BVEStation

Author Topic: R142A, R143, R188 AdTranz / Bombardier MITRAC 1508C Motor Sound Adjustments  (Read 11847 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
So I also recall someone asking if I was going to work on the R142A/R143/R188 propulsion. Once again, working with what's given to me, I try not to disappoint. The old motor sound code:

The new motor sound code:

Motor sound timing reference video; shot today:
New York City Subway HD EXCLUSIVE: Kawasaki R188 7 Local Train Speed

OpenBVE work in progress video (95% complete):
OpenBVE HD EXCLUSIVE: Kawasaki R142A R143 R188 Bombardier MITRAC AC Motor Sound Timing & Pitch Tweak

Enjoy =)

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
  • Hauling ass, one train at a time.
    • View Profile
Nice! I've been waiting for an updated R142A/R188 Bombardier Propulsion for some time! Just one thing to note, it seems that the propulsion when braking sounds a bit inaccurate (or just different from what it was in the video). Other wise, excellent work! I see you added a new sound in it as well.
Well, guess I'm back.
FYI: Known as Casey Stengel.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Nice! I've been waiting for an updated R142A/R188 Bombardier Propulsion for some time! Just one thing to note, it seems that the propulsion when braking sounds a bit inaccurate (or just different from what it was in the video). Other wise, excellent work! I see you added a new sound in it as well.
Yea, this is still a WIP. I'm really just going to focus on the dynamic braking sounds tomorrow while I'm at the museum. Hopefully, I'll be able to pin it down well enough for a release along with the Siemens and the final version of the Alstom sounds later this weekend.

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
  • Hauling ass, one train at a time.
    • View Profile
Yea, this is still a WIP. I'm really just going to focus on the dynamic braking sounds tomorrow while I'm at the museum. Hopefully, I'll be able to pin it down well enough for a release along with the Siemens and the final version of the Alstom sounds later this weekend.

Nice! I'm looking forward to the release!
Well, guess I'm back.
FYI: Known as Casey Stengel.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
More work this morning =P

Final (99% sure) motor sound setup:

The only thing left to purify is the final dynamic brake fade-out sound, but in it's current form, it is still passable in my opinion. Expect a release pack for the Alstom, Bombardier, AND Siemens propulsion placed in the R153 body later today.

Sample video:
OpenBVE HD: Kawasaki R142A R143 R188 Bombardier MITRAC AC Motor Sound Timing & Pitch Tweak Final

Offline TheExpress/XD60

• Developer
  • New Recruit
  • NYCTA Train Developer
    • View Profile
You did a nice job with this my only advice is that when braking from about 4mph you dont hear that part of the propulsion u hear screeching u should try lowering that 4mph and down part of propulsion so you can hear it but its barely noticeable and add louder screeching or bucking. Good luck  ;)!

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
You did a nice job with this my only advice is that when braking from about 4mph you dont hear that part of the propulsion u hear screeching u should try lowering that 4mph and down part of propulsion so you can hear it but its barely noticeable and add louder screeching or bucking. Good luck  ;)!
Yea, I'll get on that... I did so much editing today, I'm actually sick of hearing the motor sounds for this train, so I'm going to take a break until tomorrow evening. Look for a release Monday.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Also, if you happen to have a good rub sound from the R142A, R143, or R188, feel free to send it over... I have an idea to implement it, but I need the sound to do it with.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
100% done now. This will be released along with the updated Alstom and the updated Siemens propulsion on a separate thread later tonight:

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
Just to give an update the propulsion cut out at 38MPH  8)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Just to give an update the propulsion cut out at 38MPH  8)
Yea. I've been riding the R188s enough over break to nail that down... I have no plans to update the pack JUST yet though haha.