BVEStation

Author Topic: Official Update Thread For The OpenBVE R142A  (Read 55996 times)

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Official Update Thread For The OpenBVE R142A
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2011, 01:04:38 pm »
how do i use the fixed version?
its a .rar and idk how to use those

Download WinRar. Its free. .rar file types are something like .zip files. Winrar can read the file and open it. and its free.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2011, 07:02:30 pm »
how do i use the fixed version?
its a .rar and idk how to use those

Download WinRar. Its free. .rar file types are something like .zip files. Winrar can read the file and open it. and its free.
So can 7Zip and it's open source. That's why I recommend it. WinRAR is supposed to have a trial of 40 days, which for me it never expired...
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2011, 08:53:43 pm »
Will a BVE verison be out soon?
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2011, 10:01:52 pm »
theres one in the old forum

Here it is
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:09:38 pm by Williamster17 »

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2011, 11:43:48 pm »
I don't plan on releasing a new BVE version. The old R142A sounds for bve were best suited for trevor's r142 panel (all he did was add the top portion to Eddie Yee's original R142 trainset) but all the backseat moderation going on for trevor was too obnoxious for me. I believe that's the reason why the R142 isn't available now which is childish if you ask me. So if you want to use the R142A, you need to install OpenBVE and use the version currently available for download by error and myself.

I am in the process of making some alstom R142 sounds but there's no openbve R142 panel at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:51:23 pm by (SIR) North Shore Line »

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2011, 01:15:41 am »
Love The Train SIR Amazing Job!
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2011, 01:35:25 am »
yes, soon.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2011, 08:44:23 am »
once again,a .rar :( im really sory for bugging you guys on this kind of stuff. i gotta get into computers more
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2011, 10:50:28 am »
If I may make a suggestion, download WinAce. It unzips .zip files, .rar files and almost any other type of file besides 7zip.

Link.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Twigga

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2011, 12:48:10 pm »
I don't plan on releasing a new BVE version. The old R142A sounds for bve were best suited for trevor's r142 panel (all he did was add the top portion to Eddie Yee's original R142 trainset) but all the backseat moderation going on for trevor was too obnoxious for me. I believe that's the reason why the R142 isn't available now which is childish if you ask me. So if you want to use the R142A, you need to install OpenBVE and use the version currently available for download by error and myself.

I am in the process of making some alstom R142 sounds but there's no openbve R142 panel at the moment.
Well, the 142 not being avaliable is because of Trevor's own request. It was his property therefore if he wanted it taken down, that's on him. Speaking on behalf of the BVEStation staff, as a person who actually knows what's going on with everybody on the team, there's no backseat moderation going on here.

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2011, 01:42:47 pm »

Well, the 142 not being avaliable is because of Trevor's own request. It was his property therefore if he wanted it taken down, that's on him. Speaking on behalf of the BVEStation staff, as a person who actually knows what's going on with everybody on the team, there's no backseat moderation going on here.

That's not what I was told, and the reasoning behind it is still childish if you ask me. And yes, backseat moderation "was" going on because Trevor never spoke to me about it himself. I emailed him after hearing from everybody else (along the lines of "someone is not going to like that") asking if it was ok to release the sounds which I didn't even need to do. You can't control how anyone wants to use their trains on their own personal computer/laptop. As long as I was releasing the sounds and the sounds only, you can't control that too. I could understand if I illegally took the R142, put the r142a sounds on it, released the entire train and saying it was my entire creation, that would definitely be a reason for concern. But that's not what happened, and it was entirely unreasonable to take the train down because of some new sounds.

With that said, I'm just glad I'm past that and a r142a is finally released.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:47:04 pm by (SIR) North Shore Line »

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2011, 05:36:55 pm »

That's not what I was told, and the reasoning behind it is still childish if you ask me. And yes, backseat moderation "was" going on because Trevor never spoke to me about it himself. I emailed him after hearing from everybody else (along the lines of "someone is not going to like that") asking if it was ok to release the sounds which I didn't even need to do. You can't control how anyone wants to use their trains on their own personal computer/laptop. As long as I was releasing the sounds and the sounds only, you can't control that too. I could understand if I illegally took the R142, put the r142a sounds on it, released the entire train and saying it was my entire creation, that would definitely be a reason for concern. But that's not what happened, and it was entirely unreasonable to take the train down because of some new sounds.

With that said, I'm just glad I'm past that and a r142a is finally released.
As an administrator here, I will give you the most blunt answer to why the R142 was removed that I can: We took it off the site to shut them up.
It was his choice because of all of the modifications up on youtube, and we were the ones blamed because we hosted the train. I myself have made sound packs years before and haven't received any fire over them, so this is an incident isolated to his trains. There is no backseat moderation involved when it pertains to his creations, if on the other hand it involved other stuff on the site then yes, maybe you would be right. When he demanded that his stuff be removed, we complied, as it is his rights as the owner to do so. As I stated before, a BVE 2 R142A is in development. It will be out soon

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2011, 09:47:50 pm »
Trevor also hates when some mods something without him knowing, hearing, or seeing. I tried to publish a version of his R153 but he said he didn't need it. So as Ray said they had no choice to take it down. Sigh......I just wish problems like this would be avoided, that would have been some nice content since the R142A is wonderful.

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2011, 10:22:30 pm »
i agree with coney island answer.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2011, 10:57:04 pm »
Trevor also hates when some mods something without him knowing, hearing, or seeing. I tried to publish a version of his R153 but he said he didn't need it. So as Ray said they had no choice to take it down. Sigh......I just wish problems like this would be avoided, that would have been some nice content since the R142A is wonderful.
The R153 doesn't belong to Trevor...
Jose
BVEStation Administrator