BVEStation

Author Topic: BVEStation Updates by Text  (Read 9064 times)

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
BVEStation Updates by Text
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:56:25 am »
Ever wanted to know what was released or is happening in NYC Transit or on BVEStation? Maybe your at work with no Internet access, or your phone has no Internet access? Maybe your busy?

Well now that can be changed with BVEStation Mobile text updates. Aside from the fact from the BVEStation Mobile app you can now receive pertinent updates from the site or in the system.

- Get rare service updates
- New Content Releases

To get started just send a text with the word "JOIN" to 503-406-3656, and you will be added to the group. Save the number to your phone book so you know that it's BVEStation updating you! [This is a US number don't get paranoid lol]

(NOTE: STANDARD TEXT MESSAGING RATES WILL APPLY. IF YOU DONT HAVE AB UNLIMITED TEXTING PLAN, YOU WILL BE CHARGES DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH TEXT YOU USE.)

For people who have an iPod or iPhone, who don't have an unlimited texting plan but have a unlimited data plan should download either the TextFree or TextPlus application which do the same as a regular mobile device.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
Re: BVEStation Updates by Text
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:19:10 am »
What is this exactly? And why is it an Oregon phone number lol

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:39:22 am »
Just to let everyone know that the actual owners of BVEStation didn't have anything to do with this.
BVEStation.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 12:31:13 pm »
Just to let everyone know that the actual owners of BVEStation didn't have anything to do with this.

Totally ipac I will take blame for anything that goes wrong.  Its a free 3rd Party service exclusive for BVEStation users.

To answer you Bill, its a more convenient way for users who want to know whats happening 24/7. Since I have some data on my phone who ever joins it can get updates from the site if they dont have access to the internet or mobile application.

As for the Oregon number, it was random lol

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 06:10:40 pm »
i only have texting. Other things such as internet i don't have :(

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 06:38:05 pm »
Already have my phone clogged with business-type of things, I could always wait for a computer.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:54:38 pm »
i only have texting. Other things such as internet i don't have :(

Well this should be handy for you.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 11:13:36 am »
Eh the amount of texts i got before I downloaded the app were crazy, if people want to join then download the app, dont join via text. Its for both Android and iPhone. I dont think its a good alternative to recieving updates though, nothing really happens here lol

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 10:02:52 am »
Eh the amount of texts i got before I downloaded the app were crazy, if people want to join then download the app, dont join via text. Its for both Android and iPhone. I dont think its a good alternative to recieving updates though, nothing really happens here lol

It's still a progress in works Yogi. Lol

Also it does work for Blackberry Users.

Check the Blackberry App World, Android Market, or App Store.

The name of the app is GroupMe. About the 7 people who joined it already a few already like it. But this is optional.

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 12:25:29 pm »
hi Imanuel i am trying to join the Bvestation update by text. I did what you said which is put in To: 503-406-3656 and text Join. I did all of that but someone how it reply Sorry, but you are not a member of this group. Text #new to start a new group. please help me fix this thanks :)

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 12:32:08 am »
hi Imanuel i am trying to join the Bvestation update by text. I did what you said which is put in To: 503-406-3656 and text Join. I did all of that but someone how it reply Sorry, but you are not a member of this group. Text #new to start a new group. please help me fix this thanks :)

Private message me your phone number.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 11:39:53 pm »
Thanks for the support. We currently have 10 regular member along with 3 Administrators using the group. Thanks for the support everyone is joining in.

If you want to join just follow the instructions on the first post.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 11:37:13 am »

Thats precisely what I think.  Even the BVE world itself is quite stagnant at the moment, even if a user just checked on the site every month, there still wouldn't be much to see.  I'm still wondering who spammed my text messages with this new system, thank goodness I just got unlimited text messaging recently, otherwise I'll be killing somebody.  Still I only use text messaging for "emergency" contacts only, so I personally wouldn't use this sort of text messaging service.  Maybe during the summer time things may pick up, but even then, things are never certain.  Maybe a newsletter every month would be fine, and that was an idea I was toying with a while ago, but again there just isn't enough activity to support that sort of service.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:38:46 am by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 12:06:20 pm »

Thats precisely what I think.  Even the BVE world itself is quite stagnant at the moment, even if a user just checked on the site every month, there still wouldn't be much to see.  I'm still wondering who spammed my text messages with this new system, thank goodness I just got unlimited text messaging recently, otherwise I'll be killing somebody.  Still I only use text messaging for "emergency" contacts only, so I personally wouldn't use this sort of text messaging service.  Maybe during the summer time things may pick up, but even then, things are never certain.  Maybe a newsletter every month would be fine, and that was an idea I was toying with a while ago, but again there just isn't enough activity to support that sort of service.

I understand. My apologies for the texting. Well it's a slow start but we can't give right now. New ideas are tried and implemented every day. Something isn't so bad all the time lol. But I get your point. I'll see how far this goes.