BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED) Official Thread for SIR North Shore's New Tech Trains  (Read 303576 times)

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
It was supposed to be, but the R143 is going to have a new panel so it may take a bit longer. And since the (D) was released, I thought it would be nice to have an updated (D) R179 along with the rest.

Ok, is the R143 going to have Mr Railfan's panel? Or some other panel you are going to create yourself? Just asking   ::)
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [OpenBVE] Official Thread for SIR North Shore's New Tech Trains
« Reply #271 on: August 22, 2011, 02:00:01 pm »
Yo SIR you might wanna use these to animate the interior. If you dont know how to animate it, see me on TS Thursday if you can.

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2011, 08:28:27 pm »
Yo SIR you might wanna use these to animate the interior. If you dont know how to animate it, see me on TS Thursday if you can.

I might be doing R143 V10 Project with him and I lik your signs I will animate them but if you can resize them and put L on the signs I will use yours even thou i can make them I want to see yours on the train

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
R143 V8.9 [OpenBVE] Official Thread for SIR North Shore's New Tech Trains
« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2011, 01:41:03 am »
R143 V8.9 Released! It includes new sounds, a tweaked train.dat file and a new exterior. There are a few changes I would like to make before I release version 9 and I also want to check out Pito's R143 first as well and see what he's been working on. The new panel by Mr. Railfan has not been completed yet but when it is, it will be released with this R143.

Download is on the first page.  8)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2011, 01:43:39 am »
Just out of curiosity, why are the train files so large in files?  They seem to be even larger than some the most detailed routes we have here.
BVEStation.

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2011, 01:48:09 am »
It's just a combination of the sound files as well as the exterior files. OpenBVE development in 2011 is much further than it has been in years and it's now able to handle higher detailed sounds and objects as you already know. If anyone's pc/laptop can't handle the NTT files whether it's due to file space, old graphics card or slow internet, the only sound advice I could give is to not download it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:05:01 am by (SIR) North Shore Line »

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2011, 02:01:15 am »
It's just a combination of the sound files as well as the exterior files. OpenBVE development in 2011 is much further than it has been in years and it's now able to handle higher detailed sounds and objects as you already know. If your pc/laptop can't handle the NTT files whether it's due to file space, old graphics card or slow internet, then the only option is to not download it.

Too reduce the size , you should package the train with .7z . i guarantee it will reduce the file size by 50% if not more. Anyways ive been a bit busy and haven't touched the 143 cab yet but i will soon .

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2011, 02:03:29 am »
That's a good idea, I'll update the files soon so that they are .7z to reduce the sizes. And don't worry about it, it's no rush! ;)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2011, 02:27:54 am »
also there are a few things i noticed while testing:

This train contains a FIND system while their real life counterpart has a strip map

This train contains metal ends by the cab while the real life counterpart has like a light grey wall paper [IDK what its called]

Also on the back of the exterior LED sign [Thats the inside] , is another screen which has a Led display which shows Information like [Access a ride phone number , bus info , metrocard info, etc.] unlike in the 160 where it has been replaced by a picture .

i think updating this would make the train better and more realistic.

But overall great job.

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2011, 03:31:17 am »
also there are a few things i noticed while testing:

This train contains a FIND system while their real life counterpart has a strip map

This train contains metal ends by the cab while the real life counterpart has like a light grey wall paper [IDK what its called]

Also on the back of the exterior LED sign [Thats the inside] , is another screen which has a Led display which shows Information like [Access a ride phone number , bus info , metrocard info, etc.] unlike in the 160 where it has been replaced by a picture .

i think updating this would make the train better and more realistic.

But overall great job.

Thanks for the feedback! That's exactly why I numbered this version 8.9 instead of 9 because I wanted to add in the LED info box, change that metal part but I think the R143s are due to receive FIND systems in the near future. I also want to change the color of the R143 interior so that it is more sterile like the R142As. Right now it's just a modified R179 (M) train.

Also if possible would any like to create a texture for the (L) strip map? I can't get a solid picture of it without the poles in the way.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 03:35:46 am by (SIR) North Shore Line »

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2011, 08:30:25 am »
First off, I know pitor160 PMed me about an R143 strip map a while ago and to be quite honest, I forgot about it until I saw SIR's post. I apologize for that.

Now that that's out of the way, I've got around to making one. I know it's not exactly like the ones on the real R143s, but I've never been on that particular train type and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find decent pics of the strip maps on the net. Also, I don't know if you wanted a .png file or a .bmp one so did both.

.png

.bmp

You're welcome.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2011, 09:40:58 am »
@Lance those looks great.

@Pitor I will be glad to shell but make sure you put Lance's name in it. Most of this work stems from the fonts he released.

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2011, 11:16:56 am »
First off, I know pitor160 PMed me about an R143 strip map a while ago and to be quite honest, I forgot about it until I saw SIR's post. I apologize for that.

Now that that's out of the way, I've got around to making one. I know it's not exactly like the ones on the real R143s, but I've never been on that particular train type and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find decent pics of the strip maps on the net. Also, I don't know if you wanted a .png file or a .bmp one so did both.

.png

.bmp

You're welcome.
Thanks Lance I will be implenting them today on the R143

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2011, 11:26:43 am »
Yo pitor do you have AIM i need to talk to you.

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2011, 12:10:38 pm »

.png

.bmp

You're welcome.

Wow, that looks excellent Lance! Thanks for making one so quickly and I'll make sure to add your name to the credits.  8)

Thanks Lance I will be implenting them today on the R143

Check your email.