BVEStation

Author Topic: OpenBVE Installation Standard  (Read 11135 times)

Offline Mike

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
OpenBVE Installation Standard
« on: August 12, 2017, 04:40:11 pm »
In the past I have had problems installing and using OpenBVE downloads. Either things got loaded in wrong directories or other issues. I'd like to see downloads check to be sure that the install is in the correct directory. I'd like to see some kind of standard enforced to be sure I am not doing the install incorrectly. Is there such a standard now? Do some downloads enforce being in the correct directory? It sure would help new users such as myself.

Thank you.

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: OpenBVE Installation Standard
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:16:45 pm »
Well i don't think there is but if your having trouble, Object folders inside the zip file should say "object" but in a folder. drag that to your openbve directory object folder then if you want the sound, drag that sound folder you have in the zip  into the openbve sound folder then the route into the game route folder. not sure if this is what you wanted but your welcome if i helped :) mostly i hear a lot of people saying why isn't it working? because you either don't have the right dependencies for the route or its because you put the folders in a wrong directory, Object Sound and Route are all 3 different folders in your BVE directory these 3 folders make your route run. the directory for me is LegacyContent/Route and then the 3 folders are there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:22:02 pm by R160Railfan »

Offline HijauKuda

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 12:25:35 am »
Sir Mike
I did find much good help of installing the openBVE program and the routes and the trains on this web page site
http://obts.wikia.com/wiki/OBTS_Wiki#OBTS_Programs_.26_Documents

Good day and night for you
Hijau

Offline Mike

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 01:09:16 pm »
Thank you for your help. I installed 1.5.1.5 and nothing shows up. Prior to the installation I at least I could see packages. Now nothing. What is different about 1.5.1.5? Again thanks for your help.  I bookmarked the document about where to put things.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 03:34:03 pm »
Thank you for your help. I installed 1.5.1.5 and nothing shows up. Prior to the installation I at least I could see packages. Now nothing. What is different about 1.5.1.5? Again thanks for your help.  I bookmarked the document about where to put things.
v1.5.1.5 should be working nice with the NYCTA routes, unlike the previous v1.5.1.0/2 versions and more..., where it was a pain in the rear.
Does your game crashes with an error message while loading a route? Or just nothing shows up at all like you said? If so, open the route you're having trouble with with RouteViewer, and look how many messages have been recently generated. If the route is showing up and you have no or a few messages (which I really doubt) then your folder organization is fine, just a problem with the game probably, if there are hundreds or even thousands messages (depending on the route) and nothing shows up at all, it means that you still didn't organize your folders like you are supposed to do.
For that:
1) The folder should be like that: OpenBVE > UserData > LegacyContent > Railway > Object > (8th Ave for example)
                                                                                                                                   > Route > (NYCT - A for example)
                                                                                                                                   > Sound > (8 ave for example)

> Train > (R46 2014 for example)

2) Make sure that the directory of the content are right: Open the game, go to Options, Next Page and see if the directory of the Routes and Trains are corresponding to where your routes and trains are located.

Hope it helped
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 03:40:25 pm by BadriveR142A »

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline Mike

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 01:02:35 pm »

1) The folder should be like that: OpenBVE > UserData > LegacyContent > Railway > Object > (8th Ave for example)
                                                                                                                                   > Route > (NYCT - A for example)
                                                                                                                                   > Sound > (8 ave for example)

> Train > (R46 2014 for example)

RouteViewer shows: OpenBVE > UserData > LegacyContent  > Railway  shows only route. I had your example above under  OpenBVE > Railway. I copied those dirs to where you said they should be and then copied train there. Then I started getting somewhere.

So my dir structure is definitely messed up. Hence my original post about authors ensuring the correct location when installing things.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Offline MtaR160

• New Recruit
  • Youtuber & A lonely Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 01:54:17 pm »
I've Gotten That Problem Too But How About This Web, Cause It Worked For Me With All The Files That You Have To Put In Sound, Train, Object ,And Route Maybe This Will Work.  Here The Link:https://sites.google.com/site/openbvesim/home