BVEStation

Author Topic: Intro & I'm looking for your feedback about a Subway Simulator in our NYC Area  (Read 5494 times)

Offline ricardo_NY1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, my name is Ricardo and I'm new to the forum. I've been using OpenBVE for a few years now lurking these forums here and there and I'll be around for more great downloads and info. A bit about myself, I live in the Bronx, NYC area and like you guys I love the subway and everything to do with train simulators. With that said, I also come from the flight simulator side of things.

With that intro aside, I operate a company called "FSThrottles" which manufacturers flight simulation components, particularly throttle quadrants for the flight simulator community. I've been in operation since 2011. I am proposing something that is of interest to everyone on this forum and beyond. A kickstarter funded Subway Simulator comprising of a replica cab, controls and screens/computer components. I have the background, equipment and know-how to put everything together to create an extremely realistic and immersive subway simulator with realistic controls that would make it as real as it gets. Aside crowd funding/sourcing to bring this to life, it would be crucial to have the cooperation of the route and train authors. The storefront location where the simulator or simulators will be housed will also be determined if the funding is viable. I am not asking anyone here for money or support, I am simply looking to get a little feedback and gauge interest. I will on my own initiate a kickstarter project and if it's okay with the staff and admins of this forum, I will announce that here. If you guys have any questions about this, please feel free to ask. I will answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, I will leave you guys with a link to my website and some videos of our products on the flight simulator side of things so you can see what we are capable of in terms of fabricating the controls, which compared to aircraft throttle quadrants would be very simple to produce. This project would blow the setup at the transit museum out the water.

I would have to use paper and pen to arrive to an accurate and realistic financial number, but the main variable aside my time would be securing enough funds for a 1 or 2 year lease of the location/storefront/local in order to safely bring the project to life and guarantee everyone would be able to use it.

Our website www.fsthrottles.com

[youtube]e3vWYJtr54M[/youtube]

[youtube]4OCZYFvj50o[/youtube]

[youtube]D8U3y8j8Apg[/youtube]

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
  • FAA Licensed Student Pilot
    • View Profile
Seems interesting... if priced and created correctly, this product has a large target audience.

Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the picture above!

Offline ricardo_NY1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Seems interesting... if priced and created correctly, this product has a large target audience.
It's not really a product.........it would be a storefront/center for everyone to come over and try the simulator. People who pledge would be guaranteed time on it, afterwards to keep it running, the simulator or simulators would be rented on an hourly basis. I could put together more than one simulator to model several subway train types but initially we would do what the pledging audience vote on. This is an opportunity for people like us that shouldn't be missed, but it will need financial support to make it happen.

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
  • FAA Licensed Student Pilot
    • View Profile
It's not really a product.........it would be a storefront/center for everyone to come over and try the simulator. People who pledge would be guaranteed time on it, afterwards to keep it running, the simulator or simulators would be rented on an hourly basis. I could put together more than one simulator to model several subway train types but initially we would do what the pledging audience vote on. This is an opportunity for people like us that shouldn't be missed, but it will need financial support to make it happen.
Ah... I see. Good luck.

Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the picture above!