BVEStation

Author Topic: Platform Lengths  (Read 3496 times)

Offline TJay1724

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Platform Lengths
« on: July 07, 2013, 11:28:18 pm »
I just wanted to point something out. The standard platfrom lengths we've been using, and have been using for over a decade is incorrect. Just realizing this. Right now we use 200 meter platforms for IND and 175 meter platforms for BMT/IRT. Those lengths are too long. The average NYC Subway platform is 500 feet to 600 feet which rounded off is 150 meters for BMT/IRT, 175 meters for IND. Realizing this now means I have to adjust any and all projects I've been working on.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: Platform Lengths
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 12:53:24 am »
I just wanted to point something out. The standard platfrom lengths we've been using, and have been using for over a decade is incorrect. Just realizing this. Right now we use 200 meter platforms for IND and 175 meter platforms for BMT/IRT. Those lengths are too long. The average NYC Subway platform is 500 feet to 600 feet which rounded off is 150 meters for BMT/IRT, 175 meters for IND. Realizing this now means I have to adjust any and all projects I've been working on.
Lol I've known this for the longest time dude. The generous amount of over-run spacing on most platforms, not to mention the ability to squeeze 11 car 60' stock trains at most stations was a dead giveaway XD.