BVEStation

Author Topic: (2) Local & (2) Express to 42nd Street  (Read 17163 times)

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
(2) Local & (2) Express to 42nd Street
« on: March 24, 2011, 03:09:03 pm »
A little project I worked on before opening up some other routes.

This special (2) route runs via the (1) from 14th Street to 34th Street. An idea cam to my head is to actually try it on Newtown servers before actually contacing Kevin and the original author of the (2) route. So I am asking for some help in testing this project out. If this is illegal please let me know ahead of time please. But also this can be a break through in simulation experience.

Thanks for reading!

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: (2) Local & (2) Express to 42nd Street
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:23:46 pm »
The Original creator is Joe so you'd have to PM him about switching around the codes and you'll have to add in some codes.Many members want more out of routes such as local and express versions.Its not hard b\c its not re-writing the whole file its just changing a few commands.I'm sure a lot of us would like a (D) via Concourse Express and its not hard the code after Bedford Park would have to be changed and possibly a few codes need to be added.It would be easier if the the (D) went local as it is from Fordham to Tremont then a switch command to diverge left on to the express and commands would have to be taken out such as the stopping and a few things to add.But I wish you the best and it won't take 2 long.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 08:23:49 pm »
The Original creator is Joe so you'd have to PM him about switching around the codes and you'll have to add in some codes.Many members want more out of routes such as local and express versions.Its not hard b\c its not re-writing the whole file its just changing a few commands.I'm sure a lot of us would like a (D) via Concourse Express and its not hard the code after Bedford Park would have to be changed and possibly a few codes need to be added.It would be easier if the the (D) went local as it is from Fordham to Tremont then a switch command to diverge left on to the express and commands would have to be taken out such as the stopping and a few things to add.But I wish you the best and it won't take 2 long.
It is a pain... After you modify the switch (.turn) command, you have to reconfigure the rest of the route after it. Believe me, I've tried.

Manny, the only issue I can see with this and Newtown, is it doesn't know the difference(in tracks). By this I mean, let's say you have a local at 18th St, and an express bypassing. The express train will trip, or see a train in front. The only way to work around this would be to sign Locals as one route, and expresses as another.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:51:14 pm »
It is a pain... After you modify the switch (.turn) command, you have to reconfigure the rest of the route after it. Believe me, I've tried.

Manny, the only issue I can see with this and Newtown, is it doesn't know the difference(in tracks). By this I mean, let's say you have a local at 18th St, and an express bypassing. The express train will trip, or see a train in front. The only way to work around this would be to sign Locals as one route, and expresses as another.
Yea b\c of the stopping at stations but it can be copied from the (B).Lets say the (D) make it run local in the Bronx as it is all the way to 145th and the (B) from 145th can be copied and pasted so it'll make the (D) a fully local route but the distances would have to be changed which isn't bad so it isn't changing or adding commands just distance.Now the Bronx exp part that's different but I agree with you.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:55:59 pm »
Yea b\c of the stopping at stations but it can be copied from the (B).Lets say the (D) make it run local in the Bronx as it is all the way to 145th and the (B) from 145th can be copied and pasted so it'll make the (D) a fully local route but the distances would have to be changed which isn't bad so it isn't changing or adding commands just distance.Now the Bronx exp part that's different but I agree with you.
No, I don't think you understand me. Let's say you have the A, and want to make it local. There is no switch command, there is a turn command, and it's tricky. Once you tamper with the turn command, it moves everything after it. So if I want to make the A local, it'll be easier to take the first little part of it before it goes express, and re-write it from there. Station commands, there is nothing easier than that. Believe me, if it was that easy, we'd have the <V>, <C>, (2) LCL, etc.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 11:30:02 am »
No, I don't think you understand me. Let's say you have the A, and want to make it local. There is no switch command, there is a turn command, and it's tricky. Once you tamper with the turn command, it moves everything after it. So if I want to make the A local, it'll be easier to take the first little part of it before it goes express, and re-write it from there. Station commands, there is nothing easier than that. Believe me, if it was that easy, we'd have the <V>, <C>, (2) LCL, etc.
I'll take your word for that! :)
There are so many re-routes possible we can have a (D) via 8th Avenue to Lefferts Blvd its not changing or adding commands its just removing after 125th or 59th from the (D) and pasting the (A)'s codes and changing the distances & also announcements people would FOAM over that.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:45 pm »
Can't you copy after the turn command, re-write that one part, and paste and BAM you got it?
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Kriston Lewis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 04:19:08 pm »
Sometimes it's that easy, other times not. If you were making a local version of the (A), all you'd need to do is copy in the (C) after 168th and make a turn command around Euclid Avenue. That one is easy.

If you wanted to make a local version of the (F), the process would be the same, copy in the (M) from 36th Street to Forest Hills, but you'd have to revise distances, not to mention the current (F) release runs express on Hillside Avenue.

If there's enough demand (and if the original developers approve of it), I'm sure people new to coding could do things such as these in order to get their feet wet and reduce the number of requests.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 05:33:40 pm »
for stuff like the 2 it's not easy at all. The 1 runs in a different direction from the 2 and the 3, so you'd have to code everything in yourself. Some say it's faster since you have the objects and stuff but it's still coding

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 10:56:09 pm »
Can't you copy after the turn command, re-write that one part, and paste and BAM you got it?
You can only copy stuff before the .turn command.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 12:43:52 pm »
Oh okay i totally understand, well I will put my research into it. But the .turn command i dont what to put is it like a freeobj command?

Offline jup

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:52 pm »
I not to good with .turn command, but if u look at my line b/w 180-181 sts and 190 st, I used the turn command twice. Look at the coding and tht might help u out. :o

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 12:58:42 pm »
Oh okay i totally understand, well I will put my research into it. But the .turn command i dont what to put is it like a freeobj command?
the . turn command is what you would use to make a switch. I don't even know how it works. Hopefully someone else could explain it
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline jup

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 01:03:56 pm »
the . turn command is what you would use to make a switch. I don't even know how it works. Hopefully someone else could explain it

Jose is right. But the trick is u hve to move everything by 2. For example:

46800,.turn -0.08,.wallend 1,.wallend 0,.railtype 0;0,.railstart 2;0;0;9,.railstart 4;-6;0;0,.railstart 5;-2;0;0,.railstart 6;2;0;0,.railstart 7;4;0;0,.freeobj 2;40;0;0;0,.freeobj 2;743;0;0;0,.rail 3;-4;0;0,.freeobj 2;45;0;0;0,.freeobj 1;43;0;0;0,
46825,.rail 1;-2;0;8,.freeobj 2;743;0;0;0,.rail 2;2;0;9,.rail 3;-2;0;0,.freeobj 2;45;0;0;0,.freeobj 3;43;0;0;0,.railtype 0;0
46850,.turn 0.08,.rail 1;0;0;0,.rail 2;4;0;9,.freeobj 0;407;0;0;180,.railend 3,.railend 4,.railend 5,.railend 6,.railend 7,.railtype 0;8,.wall 0;r;33,.freeobj 2;45;0;0;0,
46870,.signal 2;A3 1520;1.5;3.5,.freeobj 0;17;0;0;0,.freeobj 0;21;1.5;2.5;0,.freeobj 2;21;1.5;3.5;0,.freeobj 2;17;0;0;0,

Offline jup

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 01:05:46 pm »
The .turn is the hardest thing to do. It takes plenty of practice.