BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED - WIP) Official Update Thread For The NYCTA R32 Pre GOH/GE/Ph I/Ph II  (Read 447599 times)

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
Re: Official Update Thread For The NYCTA R32 Pre GOH/GE/Phase I/Phase II
« Reply #600 on: September 18, 2012, 10:20:19 pm »

Offline CTAredlineNYCTace

• New Recruit
  • Future New York City Transit Authority Employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 19, 2012, 01:58:07 am »
That could be easily done by going to the panel.cfg file, opening it w/ notepad or wordpad, and simply adding the code "Unit=1" in the [DigitalIndicator] column
Where do you add (unit=1) exactly? Does it go before the end of the coding category or at the end underneath everything so it would be the last thing you would see in the digital indicator category?
R.I.P. ST.LOUIS CAR CO. 6000/1-50 (CTA) > PULLMAN STANDARD 2000(CTA) > R36 ST.LOUIS CAR CO GSI,8570-9769(MTA). They all are dearly missed :"(

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 19, 2012, 02:31:27 am »
The old one seems pretty nice to me.
Personally I could also go for a better E Line. Not to be dissing the current one but with all the recent upgrades in tech and trains, don't you guys think its time for some revisions on some of the existing routes? I-E: E,G (queensbound),L,7,NB Franklin ave shuttle. Please don't take this wrong or out of context because I love everything you guys do. I just every so often have a thought cross my mind about the routes and trains and I simply out spoken. That's why I said the other day I so wish I was back out there in New York so I could learn some of this stuff and that way I could be helping you guys to the best of my abilities. You guys have done what I've been thinking in my mind since I was about 4 years old. Which is bringing an aspect of personalism to rail fanning. Bravo! :) ;) :D ;D
R.I.P. ST.LOUIS CAR CO. 6000/1-50 (CTA) > PULLMAN STANDARD 2000(CTA) > R36 ST.LOUIS CAR CO GSI,8570-9769(MTA). They all are dearly missed :"(

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 19, 2012, 02:47:15 am »
Oh and one more thing and then tomorrows another day.lol. Great work on the train Mudwrestle! This train is extrodinarily awesome. It's so real to me,that I'm 916 miles away from New York but when I run that train it's like I'm right back there. I so love this train man. Keep up the great work!...............All of you guys.  ;)

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 19, 2012, 02:46:54 pm »
I think the Franklin Avenue Shuttle should be tackled by someone... it is a simple route, and the skeleton is there already.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:54:21 pm by Threxx1 »

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 19, 2012, 05:04:34 pm »
Oh and one more thing and then tomorrows another day.lol. Great work on the train Mudwrestle! This train is extrodinarily awesome. It's so real to me,that I'm 916 miles away from New York but when I run that train it's like I'm right back there. I so love this train man. Keep up the great work!...............All of you guys.  ;)

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 19, 2012, 05:58:34 pm »
why?

I don't see anything wrong with the (E) as it stands right now. Sure it could use an update, but nothing too serious. I am going to keep this route because it is the only one that I can play without mega-lag on.

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 19, 2012, 06:23:07 pm »
I don't see anything wrong with the (E) as it stands right now. Sure it could use an update, but nothing too serious. I am going to keep this route because it is the only one that I can play without mega-lag on.

oh i thought u was talking about my old r32 but u was talkin about E route lol my bad but yea old E route is my favorite...

i dont know if new E route similar to old E route....

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 19, 2012, 07:45:02 pm »
oh i thought u was talking about my old r32 but u was talkin about E route lol my bad but yea old E route is my favorite...

Haha its cool man.

I think the new (E) will just have updated objects, timers, and static trains. Might even pull an (F) and put some 8 Av Express in there, and Queens Blvd Local.

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:01 pm »
I think the Franklin Avenue Shuttle should be tackled by someone... it is a simple route, and the skeleton is there already.
I agree.

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 19, 2012, 10:34:51 pm »

What E route are you talking about? The EE?

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 20, 2012, 01:27:37 pm »
What E route are you talking about? The EE?

Regular E route i mean

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 20, 2012, 03:09:31 pm »
Oh ok I see. So you guys don't think that we couldn't get the E and the L routes to look somewhat like the D,or the F, or even the Q? (just examples) You know, kind of make the turns and curved tracks smoother and curvier instead of the curves looking like stright rails laid in the direction of the turn? How about some stairs,benches and other objects ect.....

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 20, 2012, 03:31:04 pm »
That is because the routes are 1st generation and where publshed nearly 10 years ago for bve. Their updated counterparts are being worked on. Please view the NYCT Projects section for more info on those and other projects.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #614 on: September 20, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »
Oh ok I see. So you guys don't think that we couldn't get the E and the L routes to look somewhat like the D,or the F, or even the Q? (just examples) You know, kind of make the turns and curved tracks smoother and curvier instead of the curves looking like stright rails laid in the direction of the turn? How about some stairs,benches and other objects ect.....
It's all a process.... those routes were made a long time ago when there were more severe limitations on what developers could build in terms of detail.

Eventually, if we can, we will release newer versions of these routes with levels of detail you all have come to expect of the modern BVE route.