BVEStation

Author Topic: (Y) Line Update Thread  (Read 43014 times)

Offline Allyn65

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Official Update Thread for the Manhattan Bound (Y) Line
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 11:34:53 am »
o wow PA5 from PATH

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Official Update Thread for the Manhattan Bound (Y) Line
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:33:48 pm »
I really enjoy the new R153 and PA-5, excellent work on all the new trains and (Y) line though!

Offline Blue18

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Connection
NYCTFA (Y) Line Update (Version 0.2)
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 04:19:42 pm »
First off thanks for the comments everyone.

The (Y) Line has been updated and is available for download. There are some differences than the previous version:

-The (Y) will no longer be called as BETA version. It will be called Version xx.
-There are 3 files you can download from. All of the downloads are the same version, just in exe, zip and 7-zip formats. With that, the (Y) download is compatible with all systems that plays BVE/OpenBVE.
-The (Y) has been extended to 2nd Avenue/106th Street.
-Some modifications have been done with the background, stations and design.
-The Download page has been updated to show the full line information (even though most of it is fictional).
-You no longer need ANY other files other than this download file as the Y only has 1 centralized Object file.
-The announcements have been updated and now only using Automated announcements (since the R153 is the only trainset on the (Y)).

The download of the Y line can be located at the following link:
http://www.trevordaybveworld.com/Y.html

For the exe file, the installation file will automatically install the file(s) into the Program Files\BVE\Railway folder. If the BVE folder is not in that folder, you must specify the path in the installation file.

For the zip/7z file downloads, you must extract the Railway file(s) in your BVE folder.

Once again, this is NOT open sourced and permission will NOT be granted for those who want to modify the route. Any questions, comments and/or concerns, reply in this section.

Thank you and enjoy the (Y) Version 0.2.

Offline Blue18

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Connection
(Y) Line Version #2 Released to public
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 11:53:03 pm »
The (Y) Line for OpenBVE has been released to the public. In this route, the line is only a Crosstown Shuttle route going from Williamsbridge-Gun Hill Road to Parkchester-East 177 Street. This is NOT the final version as we are still working to get the line extended via the HL line.

The link to the download is: http://trevordaybveworld.com/pg/2Ave/index.php

In this route, there are some new features:

- 1 version for the Y Line and a W via the Y line

- Animated Trainsets (all trains, with the exception of Williamsbridge, are animated and moving)

- Spark Features (some distances have sparks)

- Timers and Animated signals (the route has some timers and timed signals thanks to TJay1794)

- Realistic Buildings, Apartments and a school (these are high quality structures)

We want to thank the members of the Trevor Day Gaming Network and the BVEStation website for the work they provided to make this download available. This has been in the works for the past 3 years and is still being worked on.

Thanks to the following people: Ipac, Error46146, Phantom909, Bebo, Nyctrman, Lexington456, Mikey, MalJordMit142, JayJay85, Edawg, Joakiym, Slants and TJay1794

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
  • Hauling ass, one train at a time.
    • View Profile
Re: (Y) Line Update Thread
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 11:38:29 am »
Hey, I have a question.
Some places do not have walls, and I see trippers but no signals.
Why is that?
Well, guess I'm back.
FYI: Known as Casey Stengel.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 12:40:19 pm »
I am also curious about this "R46_4" that is the default train of the (Y) route. Is it available for download anywhere? Just asking, out of curiosity.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 12:48:03 pm »
I am also curious about this "R46_4" that is the default train of the (Y) route. Is it available for download anywhere? Just asking, out of curiosity.

Just use the regular R46 that you have for now, i think it means R46 4 Car set since it stops at the 6th car mark
Formally Known as tvega961

Offline Blue18

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Connection
(Y) Line Version #2 Download Updated
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 01:18:48 pm »
The (Y) Line has been updated due to the issues concerning the walls and signals. You must re-download the route file ONLY. There should be no errors on this route as it was tested by a few people. Please note, you must have the NYCT Signal and Object Pack in order to run this route.

The (Y) line is a 4-car R46 trainset. The trainset has not been released to the public and will not be until Error46146 releases his set.

Also this route is primarily optimized for OpenBVE. While you will get errors, you can play the route for BVE 4. This route will not work for BVE 2. Any more issues, please reply to this thread.

Offline Port Washington Local

• Conductor
  • Network Systems Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 01:29:33 pm »
Just to reiterate what R142A 7767 was saying, I'm also having problems where some places on the route have no walls.

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 02:35:27 pm »
it is not letting me download the sounds and I have an account

Offline Blue18

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Connection
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 03:17:23 pm »

You should be able to download them now. The Route/Sound Files are now in 1 file.

Just to reiterate what R142A 7767 was saying, I'm also having problems where some places on the route have no walls.
Could you specify which walls and objects are missing so we can work on what the problem(s) are?

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 03:35:24 pm »

You should be able to download them now. The Route/Sound Files are now in 1 file.

Could you specify which walls and objects are missing so we can work on what the problem(s) are?

These are my errors, and yes there is alot.

That's 'bout it.

Well, guess I'm back.

Offline Blue18

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Connection
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 03:48:15 pm »
R142A_7767: You have to download the NYCT Signals Pack/NYCT Object Pack, from the downloads section of BVEStation, and place them in the Object folder of the BVE/Railway folder (this is the reason you are missing these files). You must also download the updated files from the Trevor Day site (in which was uploaded at around 3:00PM today). Make sure all files are in the proper BVE Railway folder.

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 03:58:59 pm »
Thanks! Only thing is, that alot of signals won't load.
Well, guess I'm back.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 04:02:50 pm »
WOW I am very impressed with the quality of this route. It's great to see how all of OpenBVE's features were used in it.

Only thing is, a few spots could use some quality control work, some station walls jut out over the tracks and the tracks in some places could use work.

But overall an amazing job! This must have taken a lot of very hard work to pull off.