BVEStation

Author Topic: NYCTA J/Z route has no sky?  (Read 10461 times)

Offline bomba1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
NYCTA J/Z route has no sky?
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:22:18 am »
I have downloaded and installed the NYCTA J/Z route from the OpenBVE Connection site.  I installed it twice.  I get objects but I only get a black sky.  Can anyone help?  I believe this was built by JayJay85. I cannot contact him.

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: NYCTA J/Z route has no sky?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 12:05:31 pm »
@bomba1
Did you make sure you installed all the need objects in the correct folder?

Offline bomba1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:38:29 am »
I have installed all dependencies (A, F, Q,routes).  I am getting all objects except the sky.  When the J/Z route opens, I get a message that 13 files are missing and there are 2 errors.  How do I find which files are missing?

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 05:42:19 pm »
Simply click "Show Issues" and it will show you all the errors that have occurred while attempting to load the program up. Usually the issues tend to be fairly minor, but sometimes they can be significant, but it's usually difficult to tell unless you take a deep look into it.

If I recall correctly, the current J/Z line that is available for download is in a rather early stage at present, hence the low detail at the moment. But wait for the full version to be released and that version, if installed accordingly, should be fully detailed.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline bomba1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 08:44:45 am »
I searched for "show issues" but can't find it.  Please tell me where it can be found.

Offline bomba1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 02:23:17 pm »
Simply click "Show Issues" and it will show you all the errors that have occurred while attempting to load the program up. Usually the issues tend to be fairly minor, but sometimes they can be significant, but it's usually difficult to tell unless you take a deep look into it.

If I recall correctly, the current J/Z line that is available for download is in a rather early stage at present, hence the low detail at the moment. But wait for the full version to be released and that version, if installed accordingly, should be fully detailed.

"Show Issues" option is not found in the latest version of OpenBve.  My older version (V1.2.7.0) opens a loading window when loading.  This window shows the progress of route loading and train loading.  When loading is complete, this window gives you the option to "ignore", "Cancel" or "Show Issues".  The latest version of OpenBve (V1.4.3.0) does not have this window.  Is there a way to get this back?

Offline bomba1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 03:13:50 pm »
I have just downloaded JayJay85's latest version (V1.5) of the JZM\Nassau line and again the sky is all black.  The screen shot shows a blue sky with clouds. I spoke with another railfan that has the same problem.   JayJay's instructions says "If you are having issues installing or running the line, please reply on the BMT Nassau St Line Support page"  Where is this page????? Does anyone know how to contact JayJay?

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 03:31:38 pm »
Try sending him a PM on the forums.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 12:05:21 pm »
I have just downloaded JayJay85's latest version (V1.5) of the JZM\Nassau line and again the sky is all black.  The screen shot shows a blue sky with clouds. I spoke with another railfan that has the same problem.   JayJay's instructions says "If you are having issues installing or running the line, please reply on the BMT Nassau St Line Support page"  Where is this page????? Does anyone know how to contact JayJay?

The real issue is that the black background is set for the entire route. If you want the sky background you have to edit the code yourself and choose which background is shown when the route goes outside. (For example: .back 3,) Or you can copy one of the other backgrounds in the place where the black background is in the texture area of the code.

Offline bomba1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 10:21:17 pm »
The real issue is that the black background is set for the entire route. If you want the sky background you have to edit the code yourself and choose which background is shown when the route goes outside. (For example: .back 3,) Or you can copy one of the other backgrounds in the place where the black background is in the texture area of the code.

Thanks for your reply.  You taught me something.  Even though I do not know anything about coding, I do know how to open the .csv route file.  I searched for a .back entry and saw .back 1  I found that .back 2 gave a daytime sky, .back 3 gave me night stars and moon,  .back 4 gave a dull sky.  Thanks to you I now have a sky for this route.  I need to learn more of this.  Thanks again!

Offline Low_V

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 10:21:51 pm »
I fixed the problem by replacing the file "sunrise2.png" in the culver objects folder with another image file (which I gave the same name to) that shows a skyline. I chose a night skyline since I prefer to operate the J/Z line at night. I think I chose the same skyline that is used for the F night route/